Equisverse 66 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Okay, going with the sci-fi theme lets do a thought experiment! If some god-like entity told you "ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS—EXCEPT EUROPA ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE" would you try to go to Europa?

Disclaimer: I've read 2061 & 3001. So yeah...no cheating on this!

popmannn
Group Admin

I wouldn't go out of per defiance or spite, but I would question this god. Why does he refer to himself as a god, what makes him so special, does he really have power over me or is it just some form of control I can escape? After I question the validity of this god, I will investigate Europa. See if it was a warning or if he was just flaunting his "power" over me. Depending on what we discover I would either leave the moon alone, or say "FUCK THIS ASSHOLE!" and go anyway. But only after I deemed it safe and that this "god" couldn't stop me or really have any other effect on me.

Meep the Changeling
Group Admin

4819230 Nope. What's the point? I have multiple planets and possibly star system to my name. Any one of them is irrelevant. Besides the Asteroid Belt contains every resource I would ever need to run a civilization for a million years or more (there's the material to make three more Earths in there.)

4819230 I'd be rather curious, maybe try to view the surface if I'm flying by, but aside from that there's no need. I would try to figure out why this powerful entity is suddenly giving me a bunch of worlds, and how that would benefit it, but there's plenty elsewhere. Besides, if by this point I can get to another star without issue....screw this solar system, I want to find non-human life!

4819560 Based on the "2010" version of the world he/she turned Jupiter in to a star... so yeah.

i really liked Timuri and Meep's answers (thanks for staying in character Meep!)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7