Sci-Twi 712 members · 1,466 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I remember making this a while back about Sunset Shimmer, but I thought a topic for Sci Twi might be of use as well. We all know that with the help of her friends, Twilight Sparkle changed into a fairly friendly mare, but what about human Twilight? Now, many believe that having friends would make her somewhat like the pony version of Twilight, HOWEVER, we also have to consider the fact that:

-Sci Twi grew up in a far more hostile environment in comparison to Pony Twilight.
-Sci Twi didn't have the influence of a talking best friend with Spike
-Judging by the way Shining talked about his school, I can assume he might have been more preoccupied with that then his little sister. (Ignoring my head canon that he was actually a punching bag who's glorifying his memory of school in an attempt to purge the painful memories of social rejection from his mind:derpytongue2:)
-Celestia didn't play a part in Sci Twi's upbringing either.
-We could also call out the differences of the Elements of Harmony, seeing as this Twilight lacked that same call to destiny her pony counterpart did, meaning she wasn't groomed for a destiny like her pony counterpart was.
-And I don't think Moondancer and Sci Twi are quite the same, Sci Twi seems to have more of an interest in the world around her, Moondancer was very focused on her academic studies. While Sci Twi was still trying to figure out the secret of CHS amidst the Games.

So, with all that said, would having a friend have changed Sci Twi all that much? Could she have possibly become more confident, less withdrawn, less obsessed with Everton? Or would she have stayed the same, just simply brushing her friends off? What about a romantic partner, would they influence Twilight in anyway, or would she stay the same?

I think it's fair to assume she'd go through some form of change, the relationships a person has can influence them for life after all. So, I'd love to know what you all think, here's hoping we can make a good discussion, aye?:twilightsmile:

4807614 I'm his writing partner!

The main differenes are already shown in the movie: Sci-Twi is actively (if unsucessfully) searching for friendship, while Episode 1 pony Twilight was completely fine studying magic alone. Seeing that I imagine Sci-Twi's would have attached much more strongly to this hipotetcal friend, if only to endure her hostile environment better (pony Twilight was living the dream as far as she knew, studying magic under the pony she idolizes).

Fair point. Nice job factoring the hostility of Crystal Prep into the equation, I was thinking something similar..:twilightsmile: I do agree that if she made friends, I have a feeling Sci Twi might have latched onto them more, in comparison to pony Twilight. Of course, we can also factor in what type of friend she would have. IE: A friend who's as passive as her, like Fluttershy or Moondancer, or a more assertive and confident person, like Sunset or Rainbow Dash. I believe that persons personality might have an effect on her own personality, subtle as that influence might be.

4807614 My PM's are Broken and i can't reply!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5