ciphers and code breakers 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

This is a short text, written with lily pads inside Minecraft.
I bet nobody can find out what it says within the next two weeks.
If I lose, I have to write a one-shot (Max. 2500 words) for the one who finds out both what it says and how the code works (It will be on a premise of their choosing).
If I win, I will post what the lilies say, and then you have two weeks to find out how it works - if you do, again, I´ll write a one-shot for you.
If no one finds that out either, I will tell here how the code works.

Have fun!
:pinkiehappy:

GameQubb
Group Admin

4520930 I most likely know the answer but I'm going to ask anyway. Is this a connect the dots message?

:pinkiegasp: :pinkiegasp: :pinkiegasp:
No, it isn´t, but I think that is what you thought, isn´t it?

Well, it's defied all my early attempts at analysis so far :)

GameQubb
Group Admin

4522606 Yeah sorta

Well, now I´m interested: What did you get when you tried connecting dots?

GameQubb
Group Admin

It looked like a weird puzzle

Huh. Well, this is a difficult one. Since there's only four possible letters, any alphanumerical code based on the direction of the lilypads is impossible unless you're some kind of linguistic genius. The space in between the lilypads holds no order either. The lily pads are unevenly spaced, both horizontally and vertically, with clusters overlapping each other, so I'm guessing it's all one word or the designer is just mean. It's a 21x44 grid, and there doesn't appear to be any order to the clustering of the lilypads either, so it's not likely that the puzzle is meant to be subdivided. If this was converted into a text with letters or symbols, I could do some symbolic analysis, but, since I'm too lazy to do that, all I can do is stare at the inverted question mark in the lower right and wonder if this is a pictogram.

Well, I'm lost.

Okay, since half the time of the first part of the bet is over, here is a hint:
The short message consists of two full sentences, one very short, the other a bit longer.

I tried using the directionality of the lilypads to draw out a pattern, but it didn't yield anything meaningful. It's the spacing that's throwing me too. The gaps seem too large to have any symbolic meaning, which would imply that there's positional information in there. So far I haven't been able to find any patterns though.

Well, since two weeks are over, here is what the message consists of: The first two sentences of Gummy´s monologue.

plus a little bit of random text before and behind

Now that's just flat out unfair. That completely screws with any attempts at codebreaking, and now I have to guess what the random bits of text are.

I suppose you are right, so I edited them out in the OP. Sorry.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13