Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

why do I suddenly smell the stench of hypocrisy?
-Martianman98

What would it smell like?
I'm thinking new car smell.
Is that why Jesus was so concerned?

"this very night, before the rooster crows, you will smell like new car."
-Jesus
Matthew 25:34

It smells like lemon-scented dish soap. Not like an actual good smell, just something that pretends to be a good smell.

How does something pretend to smell good?
Does it have like cloaking powers?

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

EDIT: But I would liken the of smell of hypocrisy, if it had one, to that of either fish or lilacs. Pick your poison.

Does lemon dish soap actually smell like lemons to you? It doesn't really to me. When you pay close attention to it, there's always this little chemical bite to it that stings your nose with smells like that. It smells synthetic. Hypocrisy is like that to me: it pretends to be a good thing, but underneath it's really just so much artifice.

Then again I've always had a weirdly good sense of smell. I don't think I've ever met anyone else who can tell that someone has been in a room by their scent.

Welcome to politics: where anything you say can be taken out of context and imply the exact opposite of what you intended.

Holy sheet you're right.

tell that someone has been in a room by their scent.

Like one of these?

No, more like body odor and very faint deodorant. I've got a good nose, I'm not stupid.

Never implied you were.
That scene is where the werewolves sniff around the room looking for the humans hiding inside.

Sorry if I offended you in any way.

:facehoof: Mortified, more like. Goodness, I didn't even realize I nearly made myself sound like some kind of "otherkin" or other internet crazyman there.

But on another note:
I had some lemon hand sanitiser.
You were right all along. Cue grand conspiracy.

Ps. Nothing wrong with hyper senses.
You'd be good in the Fire department.
"There's a fire on 21st Street."
"There's no-"
Gets a page for a fire on 21st Street.

Hand sanitizer actually probably isn't the best example, because those are usually alcoholic and thus have a smell of their own, but yeah, it's kinda like that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11