Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

You guys know the saying, "The needs of many outweigh, the needs of the few" right, so here's the scenario, you are asked to sacrifice one person you deeply care about or even yourself to save an unspecified number of others, who you know nothing about, where they are, what they do, etc, would you do it and if so/not why?
Me I'd willing sacrifice myself for the betterment of others.

4388170 I'd probably be willing to trade my life for another. Having never had to I can't say it as a matter of fact, but I feel pretty strongly about it.

4388170 I'm always ready to risk my life for my country.

4388187 You miss understand, I mean random people around the world, no idea of who they are, where their from or anything.

4388193 Oh... No I'm not, I'd sacrifice myself for my country but not for anothers. No racism intended.

4388194 It's good, I probably should have made that clearer in the description huh.

4388201 Yeah you should have.

4388209 And fixed it! that should be clearer, I hope.

4388170 I don't know if I would be so willing if such a situation would happen to me beyond the theoretical.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4388170 I wouldn't want to sacrifice my life or the life of someone closest to me to save an unspecified number of people. So long as I live through whatever catastrophe befalls them, I'll be able to take steps to ensure such a situation doesn't happen again in the future.

I know there are a lot of people here who say they would take the noble option, but considering such things as if you're the person who provides for your family or you're a figure who's important in some manner to others, it'd actually be quite selfish to leave them behind to save people you don't even know.

I don't even need to know the person to take a bullet for them.

4388274 Hmm, I did bat the idea of it being selfish around in my head for a bit, and yeah it makes sense, well not for me at least, my family knows that I'd make a sacrifice like that, hell that's what I was taught, to give my life for others.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4388419 And that is, as I've said, noble. I, on the other hand, do not value nobility as much as I value practicality and logic. I would stand in front of the world a coward and a traitor so long as I could ensure that people learn from such an atrocity that would require an individual's sacrifice.

Not only will one sacrifice not matter in the long run if it is forgotten, but similar events will likely continue happening even after that individual's death. I would use my life in pursuit of preventing repeats of this or ascertaining my own kin stay safe from harm.

Now if it would be saving some random people no. As far as I know I could be saving people planning on using Ebola to wipe out humanity. Fuck that shit
If I know there good and there either A) younger than me( . or B) more than one to save( because quite honestly why trade my life where I'll probably never do anything meaningfull for 2 people who could be great. Now I can't say I'd actually do that....I mean its a lot to ask of someone to lay down there life for others and I'm not to sure I have the ability to do something like that but I'll damn sure try to help in any way I can

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14