Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
MartiantheGray
Group Admin

The very first humans were naked when they came to exist on this world. We clothed ourselves for survival purposes when we settled into colder regions and let it all hang in plain sight when the heat of the sun was beating on our backs.

Nowadays, though, despite the differences in cultures and the nuances of views on nakedness, clothing has become an important part of civilized life. It is even illegal in some places to go into public exposed for any reason.

What I find funny about this thought, though, is the fact that we - the apex predators of the world, the wagers of wars, the fiercest species on the planet who are known for beating all the odds with wit and ingenuity - are at the end of the day so incredibly modest.

4386946 We are also extremely prideful. The quality of your clothing is a direct reflection of your social status and economic power, and the lack of it thereof demonstrates poverty and a lack of success in life. Thus, the more clothes you have and the finer they are directly affect the way people react to you. And it's not so much modesty as it is shame. We are all ashamed of our bodies, be it because of religious beliefs or imperfections. We don't wear clothes out of actual modesty, because we don't believe that what we have is something others want to see.

4386946 Wait a minute. It's illegal to walk out naked. Now I know why that one guy chased me off his lawn while on my morning stroll. Though I will miss the feeling of the sun on myself when I'm walking around all natural.

I like clothes, they cover human flesh. Which I am in no way envious of... Because I am a normal human, like you.

Damn perverse fleshies, and they're need to jiggle they're flesh at everything.

I'm German. Percentage-wise, we have more nudists than any other first-world country on Earth, so my perspective on this is probably kind of slanted - but I still really agree, it's silly as hell. I honestly don't even know what body shame feels like and probably spent as much of my childhood naked as I did clothed. It's funny as hell to watch all of North America flip its collective lid over something as trivial as "Nipplegate" over and over again.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4387449 Ah, the venerated "Frei Koerpur Kultur", otherwise shortened to FKK. Yeah, I've lived in Germany for long enough to know that they are less ashamed of their bodies than Americans tend to be, if not long enough to actually learn the language.

It's actually somewhat different from what a US American would consider nudism - in my experience, you guys are rather more sexual about it than FKK is, which is very expressly family-oriented in every sense. That's not necessarily a bad thing (:duck:) but there are certain preconceptions involved with the term in the English-language cultural sphere that don't really apply as universally as a lot of people tend to believe.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

US American

:rainbowlaugh:

...in my experience, you guys are rather more sexual about it than FKK is, which is very expressly family-oriented in every sense.

The moment I saw Oma in the bare over there I about lost my lunch. Some things should never be witnessed by mortal eyes.

You can get used to just about everything, as they say. The ability to keep looking at nekkid teenie girls all day long, no matter how old you get, certainly makes up for a lot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9