Quill and Blade 363 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

The Backstory

Maileheri Melesse:
Anyways, I gotta make sure my Beanis fic is finished before August, so I can participate in the SS contest
My writing backlog won't end
Also, Mono's RariTwi thing is eating up stupid amounts of my writing time
I might have to start ducking out of some of them

Crystal:
Oh btw mel did I tell you we are announcing a Q&B writing contest today

Nen
....I may need to take part in this...

Aragón
wait what
you NEED to post it here and tag me once it's up
what's it going to be about, can you tell yet

Crystal
Oh my god I was trying to troll Mel
Because he said he had too much writing stuff

Lumen
Too late. You said it, now you have to follow through.
After all, you wouldn't want to disappoint Aragon, would you?

Aragón
yeah you have to do it now

Crystal
I wouldn’t even know where to start. Or how to judge it. I hate judging

Aragón
oh judging sucks

Lumen
We've got lots of judgemental people around here.

Aragón
get two people who can do it and then just tiebreak
@MrNumbers guess what
crystal's got a job for ya

Crystal
What
I was just kidding

Exa
lots of "crystal's offhand jokes turning into Things" lately, between this and the demesne cameos

Crystal
I did not comprehend my power. Or that anyone cares about these things

Maileheri Melesse
Oh my god
I leave for a few minutes for lunch
And apparently I accidentally caused Crystal to start a contest?

... And that's how the first ever Q&B contest was born. Hurrah!...?

The Details

We are looking for a short story of 3,000 words or less featuring original (Q&B or otherwise) and/or canon characters in one of the following prompts:

1. X attempts to give Red Velvet a bath.

2. It’s X’s first day in the Royal Guard… and nothing goes according to plan.

3. X visits the Mare Contraire for fun but may have just found their soulmate.

4. X found a blue line. And then three more. Now there’s seven of them. But where do they lead?

5. X just wanted to take the All-Access Canterlot Palace Tour, but the moment they looked away their group had left them behind. Now they’re all alone with a pass that will let them anywhere in the palace!

6. PonyCon in Baltimare is open to all fans of everything Equestrian! What brings X here, though?

Stories will not be judged on grammar or spelling, but solely about the storytelling. Knowledge of and adherence to Q&B lore is not required whatsoever.

We will each pick two favorites and let the Q&B community vote on which of the four they enjoyed most.

They will be anonymous submissions through QuillnBlade.com. After the contest, you are of course free to do with your writing as you wish, but please don’t post it beforehand to keep the anonymity aspect in place.

Deadline

Please get your submission in to us before September 1.

Rewards

Fourth and third place will get their story edited by Crystal and posted onto QuillnBlade.com.

Second place will get the above as well as have a live reading by Crystal and Anzel.

First place will get all of the above as well as art commissioned by us of what we liked most in their story.

If the story is raunchy, it can still be submitted but if it places, it will not be posted on QuillnBlade.com nor will the art commissioned be of anything risqué.

Submission Time!

Please submit on our website: https://quillnblade.com/events/2018-super-summer-jam/

After submission, you will be given a unique entry key. If you lose it, that's okay! But it will make things easier for us if you hold onto it.

I love THIS!

It’s ironic that I’ve already more-or-less used prompt number two to write something on this site.

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

One clarification and one addition to the above.

1. Someone was uncertain whether they could use both Q&B characters as well as their own OCs. To clarify: you can use your OCs, Q&B characters, canon characters, and any combination thereof.

2. Knowledge of Q&B lore is definitely not required. You don't have to adhere to anything set forth by our stories!

I love you <3

Me too!

Hey, it's a good prompt! Royal guard characters are fun to work with. Not that I'd know. (no really)

6499948 I am curious about how long the judging will go on for when it comes to the readers. You say there is a "reader's favorite," but I don't know how much time will be given until the conclusion of the contest. Will there be a two week grace period while judging persists?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6