Quill and Blade 364 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Anzel
Group Admin

Sunny Day doesn't take much seriously. As long as she makes a little money, spends time with her friends, and ends her evening with a cute pony she tends to be happy. The universe, however, seems to have other ideas as Sunny pushes to graduate from the prestigious School for Gifted Unicorns, understand her powerful magic, and start her life as an adult pony.

disuser
Group Admin

Love it! :yay:

If that is Franklin, bam, right to the sun.

Anzel
Group Admin

5066776 Mwahahahaha.

I've got a Mighty dead-eyed stare all ready for you. Don't think I won't use it.

PS All hail the sole story thread to survive the great purge.

Surprisingly it isn't Sunny Day or Velvet Step who really get around. It's Diddle Daddle and Rock Candy who are the champions.

Also, the harvest of returning ponies was good this chapter.

Anzel
Group Admin

5066889 I know I'm horrible. I honestly did that for this exact reason. Is it the same frank or a coincidence? We'll find out eventually. I think. Have to ask Crystal!

5069651 Haha yeah. Diddle sleeps around a ton. It is really her thing and Rock Candy really just likes physical stuff. So I thought I'd toss a cameo in there. We pretty much figure Candy is a little older than Sunny. Maybe a year or so.

Was the School for Gifted Unicorns curriculum retooled at all after Sunny's incident?

Anzel
Group Admin

5098060 Unlikely. There is no generic curriculum that would fit every pony's needs. That is one of the reasons the school exists vs just sending them to Canterlot Academy. There are the basic classes but everything else is geared towards individuals as they explore their power.

I don't think there would be a high expectation that they'd find another pony like Sunny who would find herself in a similar situation and have to make a similar choice.

I think I am confused then. I thought the entire reason for the schools existence was to take powerful unicorns (like Sunny) and teach them how to control themselves and their outlandish power.

Anzel
Group Admin

5098181 The schools existence is to educate powerful unicorns in general. Learning control is very important and certainly one of the things they do teach.

In Sunny's case though she found herself in a life or death situation (in her eyes). It is unlikely the school is going to stray into trying to teach civilian unicorns how to appropriately react to experiences that 99.999% of them won't ever find themselves in. Sunny has great control over her magic. She learned a lot but when it came to seeing a pony with a knife on her friends back she wasn't ready.

It is a highly unlikely incident and would not be looked upon as a reason to change the schools fundamental workings.

Ah, I think this gets back to our discussion about personal freedom.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13