T-Fab 22 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
CowgirlVK
Group Admin

As many of you guys know, the past few months for me have not been easy. I've had family matters, as well as numerous other things crop up and... really shot me down. To be quite honest, I feel like this has taken the biggest tole on you guys. We are a Team, we are a family... and a family has to have a leader.... but it also has to have it's members.

Each one of you I've invited because I saw in you talent, and something that could be added to this group to make us stronger.

I want to back up though, I want to back up and state exactly why I started it, I want to go back to my original mission statement.

T-Fab stands for The Feathered Artisan's Brigade. Each of these words stand for something different...

The... .the only, the pacific group. The is a pointing word that directs your attention to the next one. THE. We are THE Feathered Artisan Brigade.

Feathered... This word was for many reasons. We were all fans, all artists originally from Calm Wind's work. A book about a military orginization. But as much as it was founded by me, this group was Inspired by Calm. Through his encouragement of each and every person to express themselves createivly.

Feathered was because we origally each member had a pegasus OC. We ony have three members who's OC isn't a pegasus. But a pegasus to me stands for someone who wants to be more than what they are. Wings represents striving, pusing, fighting until our last breath for our absolute best that we can be.

It also reminds me of feathers... more more exactly, a story about a mother hen who died in a barn fire protecting her 10 chicks. Feathers represents healing, "he has healing in his wings" it also to me represents lititure, because of the quill.

Artisins. "a worker in a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand." You notice I didn't use artists. Because we are more than artists. Each and every member is more than just an artist. We are editors, we are musicians, we are authers... we are ARTISINS. AWANA, Approved workman are not ashamed. We are artistans, and we are proud of what we've accomplished as we've striven to achieve bigger and greater things in our lives. We are Skilled craftsman ...

Brigade..." a subdivision of an army, typically consisting of a small number of infantry battalions and/or other units and often forming part of a division." I chose this word because of a song. Brigade to me represents a fighting force. A tight knit group of highly trained soldgers. Not a very bit one, but a very vigulent one. There are no set numbers.

Most of theh other groups that have branched off of Calm's work have used Possy, which is a term for a group that is under the atthority of a cheif, sheriff, or gang leader. Or Squad, which is a term for the smallest military grouping. Numbering at most 10.

Why did I start the group? To be quite honest, I was kinda in for the ride. I was scared to death of the idea of leadership. T-Fab started out as the Wind Project as most of you know. It started with a comment flashing by that read "We really should do something to cheer Calm up." I wanted to show him what he means to not just each one of us individually, but to show what he's done for the MLP community. I wanted to show him not just the pieces to the puzzle, but what the puzzle looked like, when one stepped back.

From there, you can read what Crystal wrote on the home page. But I want to share with you guys my vision origianlly for this group.

I wanted a team. I wanted a group of people who livted one another up, supported one another's dreams and pushed one another to the best they could be. I wanted to use art to bring this community together. To lift up the broken hearted, and set a higher standard for our trade than what the rest of the world put on their art. I didnt' care how anyone came, but I wanted, want to see a desire to better their skills. It's what I look for when considering people.

But I also look for people who support one another. People who aren't out to make themselves look good by putting everyone around them down. AWANA.

This summer it's been me that's been down. This year we've shifted a lot of leadership responsiblities... but more than that, I 've been trying to encourage ALL of you to get more active. I want you guys reaching out and bringing this group tighter in. I've failed a lot this summer. But I hope that I'll soon get back to where I can again take anything. Cronic Depression stinks guys. And this isn't the first time I've had to go to war against it.

But I thought that you guys needed to be reminded, as did I , why we have this group. Yes we laugh, yes we play, yes we have contests... but we also lift one another up and march, pressing forth to the highest calling. We are a family.

Going forward, I'll be doing up a contest here in a few months to set up what our HQ actually looks like. It's a cloud boat, outside of that, I'm not exactly sure what it looks like. But with some of the challenges, I thought I should put that out there. I'll let you guy's minds go crazy. the winning entry will be our design for HQ. I'll probably put the image up on the home page.

Anyways, now I'm rambling.

This is your Captain signing out.

VK

Diamond dust
Group Admin

5498464 Cloud boat riding a rainbow and firing lasers, in space
that is our HQ:coolphoto:

CowgirlVK
Group Admin

5498974 You have draw it. :rainbowdetermined2:

Diamond dust
Group Admin
CowgirlVK
Group Admin

5499168 This is going to get epic.

Aurora Steel
Group Contributor

Daymn that was an awesome speech, now I wish I had done more for this group. ^^'

CowgirlVK
Group Admin

5499603 Nope, it sure isn't too late to start.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9