OC Slamjam 61 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Following on the heels of Muggonny, I decided I too needed to do something with my OC from the Slamjam contest. After two years of sitting on the Price Back character and two years of juggling different story ideas, I finally cobbled together a story.

Price Back, intrepid reporter for the Equestrian Grazzette, doesn't want to be in Baltimare. Nor does he want to be stuck in the Convention Center, covering a Daring Do convention with a bunch of obsessed weirdos collecting action figures and suggestive artwork. He's a stallion made for big stories, and there are none around ponies dressed up in strange costumes.

But he soon finds there is a story brewing in Baltimare. One of mysterious authors, notorious gangsters, and weapons of mass destruction. It's a story many reporters would die to get... and Price just might.

In case that description didn't clue you in, this was kind of my swan song towards BronyCon (where I debuted this story) and I thought using a character I created in the fandom's earlier days would be fitting for the final BronyCon. It's more focused on adventure than a deep dissection of the con experience, though, so don't expect many tears reading this.

Unless you think Price stealing your author/secret adventurer waifu is emotionally devastating.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1