OC Slamjam 61 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

It's been, like, what -- three years now? Well, I definitely took my time on this. Anyways, I'm finally writing the final draft of the first chapter of my Slamjam fic. I will be editing it as much as possible while I'm writing the chapter, so everything you see in this version may differ from the final product. Three years of planning have been put into this fic, and I hope to show that off within the first chapter. This document, however, only contains the first scene of chapter one. I will be posting a new thread for every scene I write.

The reason why I've taken so long to write this fic is because (a) at the time I conceived the idea of this story, I realized it had a lot of potential to be good, but I wanted to wait until my writing became advanced enough to write something this complex and in-depth (b) every single draft I've written in the past was either dissatisfying or boring, so I would throw them out and start again. If I continue writing every day, I estimate that I may be able to get the story out within a month or two. If I put some real dedication into it though, there is a possibility that I may finish it within a few weeks.

Anyways, read the chapter segment and lemme know what you think about it so far:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z0E-Eyqp9LNAuqxKAjz__ButkjYy353eRGantExb7Pk/edit
(you may have to send a request to view)

EDIT: Loosestrife will be the first Slamjam character to appear, in case you're curious.

Nice to see somebody else has gotten use out of this contest. I too recently wrote a story about my Slamjam character (Price Back), going off on another adventure. I'll definitely check out your story soon.

Have you published it yet? I'd like to check it out.

No, I haven't published it. I wrote it for National Pony Writing Month back in November and just haven't gotten around to editing it. I was hoping to brush up a few more stories before I focused on it, but I may jump to it sooner.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4