Amethyst Star 184 members · 92 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Derpator
Group Admin

Hello, fellow Amethyst fans, here with a quick update and request regarding the folders.

So, as we all know, new genre tags were added to Fimfiction not too long ago. This has given me thought on how this group, on top of every other group, would change things up, if they even would in the first place. Are new folders required for the new tags? Or are they fine as they are?

Well, I changed a few things up:

1. A new folder has been created, titled Mystery/Thriller. This is where the stories using those tags go.
2. The Alternate Universe folder has had the Sci-Fi tag added to it.
3. The Dark folder has had the Horror tag added to it.
4. The Human folder has had the Equestria Girls tag added to it.
5. The Slice of Life folder has had the Drama tag added to it.

This is where I was hoping to get some feedback about these changes. Let's face it: This group doesn't have a huge depository of stories. The current counter says 22, and I'm not sure if some of those are overlaps or not. If possible, I would like to know what others think about this change and whether or not you like it. Would it be better to give every tag its own folder like before, or can some merge together and condense things a bit? The one I'm currently most iffy on is putting Alternate Universe and Sci-Fi together, but, again, I'd like to have some thoughts on this as to whether or not it should be kept. If people would prefer it, I'll happily make every tag get its own folder. If people like it better this way, then I would go out of my way and propose merging Comedy and Random together in the shift, because everyone knows how often those two are put together.

Delegating two tags to one folder does not mean a story must have both tags to be submitted. Having one or the other is fine. But tell me what you think, and I'll change the folders accordingly to what people prefer.

And if you're wondering about 2nd Person... I'm not even sure if this should get a folder. To me, it feels like you'd be making a folder for stories marked Sex and/or Gore. But hey, I'm open to opinions.

And on one final note, this group requires more members and stories. That is all.

4840925 I say condense them if they fit together, just saves time and effort on everyone's part.

Okay, now I'm tempted to steal this system for my own groups. I've only got around to adding folders for the new tags to one group so far, but I just added a new folder for each tag... I personally like your system much better.

Majin Syeekoh

4840925 You spelled reorganization wrong.

Derpator
Group Admin

Thanks for all the feedback I got. Everyone seems content with what I was going for, so I'll keep the system in place as how it is. But I did what I said I did, and I have thus merged the Comedy and Random folders. The Random folder has been deleted entirely, and whatever stories in that one which weren't already in the Comedy folder have been migrated. Now any story with either or both tags can be added to that one. Things are more condensed.

Thanks again, guys. Embrace Purple Smart.

Syeekoh your American is showing

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5