☭Communism☭ 126 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

https://www.change.org/p/nestle-global-keep-nestlé-out-of-elora-nestlé-claims-water-is-not-a-human-right
Read this thing. Read it.

So Nestle is trying to buy a water source and this community needs it because that's like their only source. Nestle just wants profit doesn't it? So like, let's make them get the fuck gout.

4276364 1. I'm confused here, that's a picture of California, not Ontario.

2. Who exactly are they trying to buy it from? If it's the town's only water source then is it not owned by the state, and would the state not ensure that the water source stays in its possession?

3. How much money are they even offering?

4276440 Well I don't know what the guy who put the picture there was making a point about how bad droughts are or something. And in small towns they usually get their water from a nearby body of water and they can ship more water in but that's extremely costly and difficult and you also have to ration the water which kind of sucks. And I'm not sure how much money they're offering but whatever it is, that would provide a temporary boost but loosing the right to their water source would pose a permanent problem.

4276458 And you're sure this is legitimate?

4276490 I personally don't trust news. A lot of news is become propaganda for any side and ideal. I take looking at dozens of sources first but don't dismiss it outright as few news sites ever report things others do.

4276497 Of course I trust social media more because its the people themselves

4276508 Well individuals can be just as biased as groups. I personally think that, no matter the source, you should think for yourself about whether it's right or not.

4276508 Social Media is build up by people, bu these people could still be the once behind the notion, or bought up by them?

Too many of these sites can't really control who is behind it, or verify that it is a legiitate individual, right?

If possible, go for a veriety of sourses on different media? Some News are more trustworthy than others as well.
Yet, this news is in line with what these Corporates are like, which makes it look as if it is a real threat.

Question is why this deal is leagal in the first place. The Law should protect People, not corporations first.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10