Night Glider 382 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
BikerPon3
Group Admin

To all those wishing to post:

3. Read the forum before making a thread. If there is a thread with a very similar title or purpose, post in that instead. If you are unsure on whether a topic you want to post is too similar to an existing one, ask me and I'll let you know as soon as possible. Also, there's no need to worry if you accidentally make a thread too similar to an existing one.

I just noticed a post that violated this rule. One of the other admins has since deleted it. We're not asking you to check through the whole forum history, just make sure the topic you want to post about isn't too similar to one that has been recently discussed. :twilightsmile:

4252896 Recent, as in the first page of active threads?
Just checking in order to have a fair definition of what we are talking of.

If it is the one I think you are talking of, the two came within an hour of oneanother?

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4252984 First page of active threads should be fine, yes. I forget the details of the one that got deleted, but it was similar to this one.

4252995 I think you may be able to find it on your feed, if you need to.
The one deleted is not available any longer, of cause. It was after all deleted.

At least, now we have a workable definition.

Going over the headers of just the one page should be easy enough.
Even when we get a hundred pages, the first should be readable in a yiffy, or something?

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4253040 Maybe we do need a rule to dictate that we have to word the header according to what we are asking or suggesting?
Evenif it should be implied, but you know how some are. If you can hide enough of what you feel like using your own thread for?

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4253064 Well, most people do this anyway, so it's somewhat of a moot point. A quick glance at the actual post would be enough to tell what it was about.

4253089 maybe it would just be a sub clause to the related rule?
Even if it is convenient to know you have a fair aide as to what the thread is by reading the header.
This is made more important if we need a rule to clean up the board from duplicate threads.
Which I noticed we already needed to fix.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8