The Fimfiction Bureau of Imaginationists 235 members · 145 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

This has been on my read it later list for a bit. so it already had my interest.

It's premise is the second most contraversal event in MLP. Twilight's rejection by the others just before the wedding.

First, why this event is contraversal. Well let's look at the facts provided.

1: Okay Twilight's brother is getting married. One why is she only now hearing about it. an engament last longer than that. trust me. By brother is engaged and the wedding isn't for a year or so. So no pony told Twilight at all about the engagement and wedding?

2: You decided to keep on with a wedding when a threat has been made against Canterlot. Celestia and Luna are thousands of years old and should no better.

3: How is it that Twilight who hasn't seen Cadance for years notices something off, yet Celestia who at best sees her everyday or at worse every week didn't notice such an attitude change. Cadance is the Alicorn of Love. I can't see her being a Bridezilla ever. (Shining gets a by since mind controlled)

4: With Lesson Zero not being too long ago the other Mane 6 quickly dismissed Twilight after knowing how she can be? This is a really dumb move.

Thus why along with Mare Do Well this event gets a lot of alternate takes. For let's face in both episodes Twilight and Rainbow too easily forgive her friends for their actions.

Trust, something hard to get and easily lost, and even harder to regain if ever.

Bitterness shows this very well that Twilight had trusted her first and dearest friends and they dismissed her like nothing. Even her mentor who was like a mother does the same. Before the pilot Twilight had no real friends, very introvert. Celestia's plan helps her considerably but with her beleif in her friends and mentor so shaken she comes to believe it's all a lie. What would you do if everything you believed appeared to be a lie? And add to it that she could have easily died, among the few stories that actually addressed that factor.

I also love that Rainbow does mention Mare Do Well considering the simularties of both events and only Twilight's statement of possibly dying in the caves dulls the effect.

the only complaints i have is the fact i think Cadance would be more furious at them all since she knows what Twilight in those caves. Also that it's so long between Updates, but a good look at the wedding none the less.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1