The Fimfiction Bureau of Imaginationists 235 members · 145 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

I'm writing an emu story, but I can't figure out how to go about writing a battle between the emu and a dog. The emu is a normal emu from earth by the way.

4225132 There are two approaches:
You could describe it as a whole, like "The threw wild wipes and bites struggling for dominance",
Or you could write it turn based, like, "Mr.Pickle's charged towards Steve, who quickly dodged it and jabbed Pickle's in the ribs. Steve began relentlessly beating Mr.Pickle's, until Mr.Pickle's rolled out of the way and gave a hard punch to Steve's nose."

4225172 Which one do you suggest I use?

4225209 I, personally, use turn-based. It is best for one-on-one battles, while the overview one is good for fights with 1v1+ or 1+v1+.
The problem with turn-based is that sometimes it is easy to write with crappy transitions, which will make it seem blocky and badly written. The problem with Overview is that it's easy to make the fight scene seem too short.

4225132 Can I suggest a Peter vs the giant chicken type of fight. Its from family guy.

4225349 Yes, this helps. Though I can't add dialogue unfortunately, emus can't talk.

4225766 How dramatic is too dramatic?

4225431 You can talk for them though by just explaining what is going on in their heads.

4225779 I personally stand by the belief that drama holds no bounds!!! Reach into the bowels of your soul, and unleash a never ending onslaught of drama! Demonstrate your prowess at drama! Unleash a piece of literature so masterful, it will inspire future generations!!!

I think you've failed to notice that this is a regular emu, one that cannot think.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12