The Wonderverse 267 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hey guys! I wanted to drop by and do a little shameless self-promotion. I do MLP fanfic reviews and I thought it would be fun to look back at the story that started it all.

If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel, or follow me on Fimfiction for updates. Thanks for watching!

CowgirlVK
Group Contributor

Oh, I'm cracking up over your storytelling Changling. Close enough... though I've got most of these scenes memorized. Still very cute, and you did a good job. Could have been more brief with the whole fight... going into details. like (Descriptive, however, he was OVERLY so.) (Something Calm's admitted to me as being a weakness of the first book.) Telling the fight is bad form for reviewing. You used like, way more than was... comfortable. (My opinion) Granted, you were reviewing more on the action. But the narrative in the second part I found myself rolling my eyes. (Not that I don't at the story itself, I rarely read fights) In my opinion, it was over the top. Still enjoyable, but it gave the vibe of teen-boy in his basement gloating over his favorite video game. Professionalizm comes with practice, and it's a good start.

Still, I enjoyed this as a whole. I look forward to seeing what you do for your next review and watching you improve your skills.

Thank you very much for your feedback! My goal with the fight scene rant was to mirror the story's absurd change in tone. Rather than just say, "The tone change was weird", I wanted to express it through my review. However, as I was finishing up the video, I was still questioning myself on whether or not I went overboard.

At the end of the day, I like creating videos that are informative, entertaining, and positive. I love it when people tell me they laughed at one of my reviews, but I also love it when people give me constructive criticism. I'll try to hold myself back in future videos. Thanks for watching!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3