The Wonderverse 267 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Ah yes, the baseball wielding Negan, and the seductively disturbing Nightshade. The baddest of the bad. The lowest of the low. These two leaders have a whole lot of screws both loose and tightly secured. Their smart, demented, and both are all around characters I love to hate. So, what makes these two so similar? Let's find out.

Personality:
The biggest thing that struck me about Nightshade when I first started reading her lines in Head in the Clouds, was how eerily similar they were in presentation as Negan. She was extremely confident, and knew how to make her words creep into her enemies very soul. These two both APPEAR to have a big ego, but personally, I think that's a ploy to get their enemies and subordinates to do what they want them to do. Of course, there's more to that system of getting their lieutenants to do what they want, and we'll get into that now.
But to reinforce my statement of the both of them having similar ways of presenting themselves, here are a few of Negans best lines. I'll let you make the comparison.

Leadership style:
Both Negan and Nightshade rule their groups with an iron fist... or hoof... depending on who we're talking about. They are both the Alphas of their respective groups, but they sustain their leadership in different ways. For Nighshade, all she has to do is to beat the life out of somepony and everybody falls in line. For Negan, it's a bit different. Within the Saviors, Negans group, there is a sentence that keeps everyone under his thumb.

Rules keep us alive.

Negan knows that everybody is trying to survive in the world that was birthed from the zombie outbreak. He knows people are scared shitless of dying, and he uses this to his advantage. In his system, he promises food, shelter, water, medicine and even electricity. All that everyone has to do is fall in line under him and everything will be fine. But you have to EARN your food, water, and other essentials through work and a point system. The point system is harsh, but people do it anyway just to survive. But if anybody BREAKS the rules... well, see for yourself.

I could go into more detail about Negans leadership style, but for now, that will do.

Sex Life:
This is just a quick tidbit since Negan and Nightshade are so similar in this aspect.

We know that Nightshade rewards lesser Shadowbolts for being helpful in a meaningful way. And from this fact, we can conclude that she has multiple partners.

Negans also has multiple partners but in a different way. His partners are his WIVES. Basically, if he ever lays his eyes on an attractive looking woman in his group, he has full authority to say: "You're mine now." But he doesn't. A curious fact about Negan is that he hates sexual violence.
He doesn't mind, and even likes, gore and blood and all that jazz. But he does not tolerate rape or sexual assaults within the Saviors. If anyone commits those types of acts, they get the iron.

How someone becomes Negans wife is that Negan will offer up the opportunity. And why, dear god why, would anyone want to be the wife of this guy? Because living on the point system is so hard and terrible, that living Negan will actually appear to be a good option. And they are free to leave and go back to the point system whenever, but that is so hard, they don't. Even if it's obviously they hate Negan.

Sick, Twisted, and just plain Crazy:
These two have their fair share sick moments. For Nightshade, that immediately brings back the memory of her using Lightning Dust as her personal punching bag. For Negan? This comes in at a close second.

So, that was something I've wanted to do for a while. Comparing these two characters. They are both great antagonists, I can't wait to see more of both in TWD and PTH.

So, I think the next comparson I want to do would be more of a simulated battlefield. Who would win if the Saviors got into a conflict with the Shadowbolts. I'd really love to explore this idea.

Tell me your thoughts.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1