The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Walabio
Group Admin

The 1889-Pandemic was assumed to be influenza. It may have been the ancestor of HCoV-OC43, a CoronaVirus. Togay, HCoV-OC43 is just a cold virus (many viruses cause colds, but the most common ColdVirus is Rhinovirus:

Rhinovirus, is the perfect virus. In infects only noses, causes itchy runny noses with sneezing, and that is it. Because it is so mild, it is not worth trying to protect oneself or others (resources spent protecting others or oneself exceed payoff). For that reason, before SARS-CoV-2, everyone got at least 1 cold annually, usually 2, and sometimes 3 —— ¡now that is a successful virus! Because of masking against SARS-CoV-2, I have not gotten a cold since 12,019 HE, until now:

I have to unmask to eat. I got a cold with an itchy runny sneezy nose. I already am on the road to recovery —— ¡I have gone from runny clear mucus to sticky green mucus!

Due to a snafu at the clinic, I got my vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 at a CVSPharmacy. CVS contacted me and offered 2 vaccinations:

• Hepatitis B
  • Influenza

I need the vaccination against Hepatitis B, but already have 2 vaccinations against Influenza. I accepted both vaccinations against Hepatisis B and Influenza. After 3 vaccinatipns, ¡I am InfluenzaProof!

At work, we switched from 2 10-hour shifts to 1 12 hour shifts. I work from 11:00:00 GMT to 00:00:00 GMT (2 half-hour LunchBreaks). I get home at about 01, it takes an least an hour, usually 2, and sometimes 3 for making diner, lunches and breakfast, eating dinner, and showering. As you can tell, I am sleep deprived. O overslept a lot lately. The company wanted to fire me, but the union saved my job sor now. I have to be 90% ontime for the next month. I am so SleepDeprived, I do not know how I can pull this off.

In SciFi, we have BrainAlarms (implants in the brain, that, when they fire, instantly wake the user to full consciousness). I could use a BrainAlarm.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1