The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Walabio
Group Admin

Given that only employees are at work and we are all insured, I suspect that the insurancecompany does not want people boosting their InfluenzaVaccination (this will be my 2nd vaccination this year against Influenza and last year, I got 3 vaccinations against Influenza. —— last year, ¡I was InfluenzaProof!).

¿Do you believe that the InsuranceCompany will see that I am already vaccinated today and turn me away without a 2nd vaccination today?

For giving you time to chime in, I shall not reveal whether or not I was turned without a 2nd vaccination against Influenza for a week.

I shall give the answer in a week. You can all make your guesses.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7902104 I'd assume that medical workers can see all your history and wouldn't let you get two shots since one shot per year is the standard.

On an unrelated note. Last week I got a shot against flu and COVID-19 at the same time. One in one arm and the other in the other. Felt ill for 1 day.

Walabio
Group Admin

> "I'd assume that medical workers can see all your history and wouldn't let you get two shots since one shot per year is the standard."

I got this message just before going to work. I did not respond because the response would make me hours late for work. At work, I realised that I can summarize why someone can get multiple vaccinations against Influenza in just 4 words:

"¡American HealthCare is fubar!"

I shall not reveal whether I got a 2nd vaccination against Influenza for a week; so now, you still have time to guess.

> "On an unrelated note. Last week I got a shot against flu and COVID-19 at the same time. One in one arm and the other in the other. Felt ill for 1 day."

I am sorry, but that shows that you have a strong ImmuneResponse, which is good.

Walabio
Group Admin

On the day of vaccination, the CompanyNurse said that since we all work for the company, we do not need to show our InsuranceCards after all. I got my 2nd vaccination against Influenza — ¡I am now InfluenzaProof!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7905758 I don't even have insurance and still got free shots.

I do have to admit though, when the shots for the flu weren't free, I wouldn't get vaccinated.

Walabio
Group Admin

Free vaccinations are a public good:

If ponies cannot afford to vaccinate, they go without vaccination. This leads to pandemics of VaccinePreventable illnesses

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7905830 I'm not fully on board, though. I see an issue with eliminating natural selection.

Walabio
Group Admin

Many ponies do not want to eliminate natural selection until they realize that natural selection wants to eliminate them.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7905842 Natural selection is bad news for people who are alive, but it's good news for people who are not yet alive.

We shouldn't be so egotistical. There are non-living people at stake!

Walabio
Group Admin

The trouble with future hypothetical people is that they are hypothetical.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7905852 Do you believe in newborns?

I do.

Walabio
Group Admin

¿Do you believe in not conceived people?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7905863 I believe the future is set in stone just like the past is. We just don't know about it.

However, unless humanity goes extinct today, non-conceived people shall become flesh in due time.

Walabio
Group Admin

If it is all predetermined than do not worry.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7905884 But the thing is, I'm part of that equation. Parts of the equation can be good or bad. I wish that I will be a good part of the equation in the future, but that is only so if I insert an effort to rewire my brain for pursuit of that future, and I have to do that in the present.

And I do have to worry about it because I'm predetermined to save humanity, not destroy them, I would hope.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15