The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Walabio
Group Admin

Although I miss her, I keep thinking about the conversations where I pointed out that smoking in general is stupid generally and, particularly, moronic for someone with asthma. As bad as I feel, part of me feels like Adam Ant gloating at the graveside of a musician who made fun of him for not doing drugs who died of an overdose, resting the urge to scream "⸘Who is still alive now‽". So many musicians made fun of him for not doing drugs that he wrote the song "Goody-2-Shoes" about the verbal abuse from the other musicians:

This goody-2-shoes, "¡Don't Drink! ¡Don't Smoke!", misses his smoking asthmatic cousin. Please use skepticism for making better decisions than she.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7900674 Why do all the people in your life want to die?

Walabio
Group Admin

I do not know. By the way, if one interviews for a job and the interviewer knows that one smokes, and the interviewer is a nonsmoker, one just lost the job:

At 1-time, I was in management —— ¡management sucks! —— (now I got a UnionJob), I would not hire smokers because they are stupid gullible, and sheople:

They are too dumb to realize that smoking is bad for them and those around them and expensive, the are such sheople that when the advertisements for tobacco say that everyone else smokes, they want to join the flock of sheople, and they are so gullible that they do not look around and see that most people do not smoke. I did not hire stupid gullible sheople.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7900681 I agree. There are 2 kinds of people in the world. Those who don't smoke and those whose minds are so warped that they manage to justify even clearly bad actions like smoking.

It's not even about the smoking itself. It's about the brain behind the action that is capable of justifying it.

Smokers are bad people. Not because they smoke, but because they're capable of smoking.

Walabio
Group Admin

The world is full of idiots. Just check out the DarwinAwards:

The DarwinAwards

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7900718 Yeah, humans still have a lot of evolution in front of them.

Walabio
Group Admin

¿When will they ever learn?:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7900725 The best time to learn is before death. It's kind of too late after.

Walabio
Group Admin

¡That is not true!:

¡Idiots dying from misadventure never do the stupid thing again! :derpytongue2:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7900879 Good point.

Walabio
Group Admin

A while ago, the featured article on the English WikiPedia was about Edward the Ⅶth. I was bored, so I read it:

He died from smoking, but that is not all:

His mother Queen Vitoria the Ⅰst reigned over 60 years. His great grand daughter, Queen Elisabeth the Ⅱnd reigned over 7 decades. The reigns of Edward the Ⅶth, George the Ⅴth, and George the Ⅵth add up to only 5 decades. ¿Why? ¡Because they were all took the Throne sick from TobaccoProblems which killed them!*

* After the death of the doctor of George the Ⅴth, while going through his papers, scholars discovered that he liked killing patients. When George the Ⅴth had less than a week of life left in him, the Doctor figured that he could get away with killing him; so now, he did.

So now, between the reign of a nonsmoking queen who ruled 6 decades and another nonsmoking queen who ruled 7 decades, we have 3 kings, each sick from smoking when they took the throne, who died premature deaths from smoking, who, collectively, ruled only 5 decades.

Maybe, smoking is not such a good idea. :scootangel:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7948859 I guess smoking really does kill.

Walabio
Group Admin
Walabio
Group Admin

Talk about HealthCare in the other thread reminded me about when I got run over:

1 of the other patients was a smoker, but he could not smoke in the hospital. With his broken limbs, he could not go outside to smoke. Instead, he ate his cigarettes and then vomited. He kept doing that until he ate and vomited all of his cigarettes. Maybe, just possibly, tobacco is addictive. ¿What is your opinion?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7951313 No way! The tobacco companies' sponsored research shows it's not addictive. :P

It's totally addictive.

Walabio
Group Admin

Smoking could make it hard to get a job:

I just thought about my job, when a thought occurred to me:

If hiring would be up to me, all other things being equal, I would not hire a smoker because they are less intelligent, have poor impulse-control, are sheople, and have poor health.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7951822 The job market is about to get real tough, especially for smokers.

41% of managers said they are hoping that they can replace employees with cheaper AI tools in 2024.

Source:

Walabio
Group Admin

I now know that we shall never know whether it was RSV, Influenza, or 'Rona which finished off my cousin:

The medical examiner could not be bothered to figured out what finished her off. I do know that the combination of asthma and smoking damaged her brain:

When I was single-digit and she was a teenager, she was mentally normal. She made the mistake of starting smoking because she figured it would be fun. She already had asthma, probably from exposure to the smoking of her mother.

When she got Influenza, she would have asthma-attacks so bad that she would end up in the hospital. The low oxygen made her stupid and crazy. She was a mere shadow of how she was when I last saw her in 2019.

I do not know whether reduced intelligence and insanity made her into an anti-mask/vaxxer or whether she tried to protect herself. From what I got from the coroner, she came down with 'Flu'-Like symptoms 1 day and was found dead in bed the next. Given the state of her lungs, even back in 2019, it would not take much to kill her.

On another note, I and my girlfriend will move next Friday. We could not find a new business, so the MassageTables and various sundries in to storage and move into a rented room in an house in another city, for now. I hope to get a job the last week of the month. I practice for my job:

> "¿Would you like to make that a large-sized meal with cheese and bacon?"

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7957951 Sounds like natural selection in progress. In my opinion, we need more selection, not less. Human evolution is important, especially if we want to survive in the age of AI.

Good luck with your job.

What will your GF be doing? Will she offer massages in the parking lots?

Walabio
Group Admin

> " … , especially if we want to survive in the age of AI."

AI can advance more in a day than we can in a century. We would need either friendly AI, to become cyborgs, or to upload.

> "¿Will she offer massages in the parking lots?"

She emight either take a break from SexWork and get a regular job or massage in the residences and HoteRooms of clients. If the ladder, she knows about CallGirlSafety:

• Always make certain that someone else knows where one is.
  • Always make certain that someone else knows with whom one is.
  • Always make certain that "¡Find my friends!" is enabled so that someone at least knows where her phone is.
  • Always check in using codewords:

• "¡No problem!" means "¡Okay!"; while "¡No Problemo!" means "¡Grab the gun a come rescue me now!" Failure to call in at all also means "¡Grab the gun a come rescue me now!"
Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7958017 A job in a hotel might be lucrative. She could perform two jobs at a time, at least until she's found out and the hotel fires her. But then there are plenty of hotels around. She wouldn't even need CallGirlSafety because she'd be on the clock and the hotel staff would notice her absence.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21