Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Walabio
Group Admin

¡I Once Had A Bird!
¡Her Name Was Enza!
¡I Opened The Window;
And In Flew Enza!

Her lungs are still screwed up from CoViD-19, which she got because she was too much of a wuss to get vaccinate, now has Influenza. She already had trouble breathing from the damage of CoViD-19, but the Influenza makes it worse. I, on the other hoof, am fine because I got triple vaccinated against Influenza. If she would play Ogres-N-Oubliettes, this would be her character:

¡Captain Wuzz!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7785182 But the thing is, she still hasn't learned anything. It seems that she needs to sustain even more damage.

The beating must continue until morale improves.

Walabio
Group Admin

One would think that she would have learned from last time, but she is sick again, and with the LungDamage she already has, she gasps for breath like a fish. Because she is a prostitute, one would believe that she would be use to people putting things into her, but not so much.

Since Yesterday was the end of the Year, I decided to catch Avatar 2: The Way Of Water in 3D 1 more time before they drop it to 2D this year. It is still great and I noticed more:

In order to make movies more alive, stuff happens in the background. In the movie, we have a major character call Spider. He is an human born on Pandora. When the Naivi forced out the SkyDæmons last movie, he had to remain on Pandora because one cannot cryogenically freeze children. The scientists who just wanted to study Pandora and elected to remain raised him. He went totally native and thinks about himself as a Naivi. The SkyDæmons capture him and try to convince him to switch sides and give intelligence against the Naivi which could turn the war.

He is held captive with the TulkunHunters when he noticed an obviously drunk man, drinking like a fish. Everyone else on duty is soder. Spider asks the man why he drinks and how he can get away with being drunk and drinking on duty. He says something like this:

> "They let me drink because they need me. I am a biologist. My studies lead to discovering that the Tulkun are sapient and more intelligent than humans and that their brains have a compound stopping human aging. I figured that they would learn to synthesize the compound; but unfortunately instead, they started hunting the Tulkun and forced me to help. The only way I can function is to be continuously drunk."

That was all of the dialogue the biologist had. It took up less than a minute of screentime.

On the 2nd viewing, since I knew what happened in the foreground, I decided to look for the biologist. Sure enough, he was there with the TulkunHunters, drinking like a fish and obviously drunk. When things start to go bad for the TulkunHunters, he stops drinking and starts drunkenly cheering the deaths of the TulkunHunters. As time goes by, he becomes happier and more sober. When the few surviving TulkunHunters flee, he is ecstatic and fully soder. He fees too, but not with the surviving TulkunHunters; but soberly instead, strikes out on his own path.

This story played out in the background, but only about .1% would notice it on 1st viewing.

Humans never learn.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7785366 So, she litterally sucks (air) 24/7 now?

I hear that another wave of COVID-19 might be cumming around the world. If your GF learns of this, it might take her breath away.

Why don't Tulkuns invent spaceships if they're so smart?

Walabio
Group Admin

Yes, I told her that her next infection will probably finish her off. I told her that vaccination does not hurt. She is still afraid of needles.

The Tulkun have no way of manipulating their environment because they have fins. They are also very peaceful now, but they were not always so:

Millions of years ago (the Tulkun have been around that long and keep an oral history), they fought among themselves, for territory, mates, vengeance, or boredom.This continued from when they gained true awareness of themselves and others (sapience) for millions of years. 1 day, a consensus arose that the killing must stop. Any Tulkun killing a sapient being is outcast to die alone. The Tulkun have lived in peace since then. The Tulkun accepted peace millions of years before the Naivi existed. When learn this history from the Naivi because the Naivi and the Tulkun can and do communicate.

Payakan is a Tulkun, who after seeing to many Tulkun murdered, decides that TulkunHunters and not quite sapient enough. He killed quite a few of these SkyDæmons with the help of the Naivi. That is the battle where the Biologist Doctor Ian Garvin cheered the slaughter of the TulkunHunters:

Tulkun

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7785419 Maybe your GF is just that brave. She doesn't fear death even when it stares her in the face.

If Tulkuns were allowed to kill Tulkuns, why aren't the SkyPeople allowed to do the same?

Walabio
Group Admin

I do not believe that my GF is brave, but phobic of needles.

Rather than the Tulkuns becoming more like the SkyDæmons, the SkyDæmons should become more like Tulkuns:

The SkyDæmons would be better off if they had laws against killing sapients and would banish murderers to islands to die alone. As it is, the SkyDæmons kill each other and other sapients wantonly.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7785550 Maybe your GF believes that you couldn't handle the amount of bravery she has. She's battling the world's pandemic all by herself, using her own body to develop a cure. She only tells you that she's afraid of needles because she knows that you would try to stop her if you knew she's sacrificing for the greater good.

SkyPeople aren't the problem. The problem is that Tulkuns aren't kinky enough. They're smart, right? How can they not understand that SkyPeople need their juices or they'll die? Tulkuns should reproduce more so that there would be enough resources for everycreature.

Walabio
Group Admin

I am skeptical that my GF is secretly brave.

¿Why should the Tulkuns die just because the SkyDæmons are too lazy to figure out how to synthesize Amrita?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7785627 Maybe your GF wants you to remain skeptical so she can save the world in secret.

Why are the Tulkuns so selfish? Haven't they ever heard of sharing?

Walabio
Group Admin

I thought about Avatar 2: The Way Of Water and I feel that a better name would be Avatar 2: The Wrath Of Payakan, or as the TulkunHunters call him, 'Kan:

We need to bring up 2 things:

• The TulkunWay.
  • The Existential Threat the TulkunHunters Represent.

The Tulkuns were bloodthirsty, killing each other out of boredom, for territory, for mates, out of vengeance, et cetera. Initially, to break the cycle of violence, they initially tried limiting killing of sapients to defence of self and others, but they were so smart that they found loopholes and continued killing. Them came the Philosophy of the TulkunWay:

Any Tulkun killing a sapient for any reason is banished to live and die alone. That was millions of years ago. That is over a myriad (10,000) generations (Tulkun, take a century to reach puberty, 2 centuries to reach adult size, live an average of 3 centuries, gestate for a decade, nurse for a decade, and have a maximum lifespan of 4 centuries). They probably bred the Tulkunicidal tendencies out of themselves.

The Tulkun flee the TulkunHunters, but cannot evade them. Fleeing does not work.

Payakan, an immature male, with the help of about an hundred Naivi, destroyed a FactoryShip, a handful of HunterKillerShips, and someteen tuna/crab-mechs.

Tulkuns have a mass of over 100 tons, are heavily armored, and thanks to the low gravity and armor plates, can breach onto ships, causing extreme damage and death, without injuring the Tulkuns:

We know that the mass of Pandora is about 10^24 kg or a ⅙th the mass of Earth. It has an unusually strong magnetic field allowing mountains of Unattainium, a RoomTemperature superconductor, to remain magnetically flux pinned in midair. The gravitational acceleration at its surface is about 6 m/s^2 (⅗th that of Earth). It is more massive than all of the other moons of Polyphemus combined. Polyphemus has a mass of 10^27 KG, which is similar to Saturn. Its atmosphere is about 3/2 Bars or like that of Titan. Its air-density is 3 kg/m^3, well over twice that of Earth due to the dense gases of Co2 and Xenon increasing its density. Its atmosphere contains far more O2 for powering muscles, but the high Xenon, CO2, and H2S make it toxic to humans. Its low gravity and dense atmosphere make flight 4X easier.

A typical pod of Tulkuns contains someteem bulls, someteen cows, someteen calves, and sumeteen subadults. If the bulls and their NaiviAllies, would turn against the TulkunHunters, it would go very badly for the TulkunHunters.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7788056 The movie seems to have a larger lore than I thought. I'll put it on the list to put it on my to-watch list.

Walabio
Group Admin

If you want to spectate it right (iMax, high frame-rate, Dolby Atmos, et cetera), you should hurry. Me meet Payakan as a sad outcast (after the TulkunHunters killed his mother, he convinced bulls and naivi to attack the TulkunHunters. He had no plan; he just ran on pure emotion. He severely injured, was the only survivor, with the other bulls and naivi dead. This is his RedemptionStory:

As an outcast, Payakan, had no friends, neither Tulkun nor Naivi. He meets Lo'Ak, who has trouble fitting into NaiviSociety. They become friends. When Colonel Miles Quaritch holds Lo'Ak captive on S-76 SeaDragon with the TulkunHunters, Payakan and the Naivi come up with a plan to attack the TulkunHunters and rescue Lo'Ak.

Now that the Tulkun realize that pacifism does not work against the TulkunHunters and that with the correct tactics and overall strategy, they with the Naivi can defeat the TulkunHunters, the TulkunHunters will find their jobs significantly more dangerous.

This is the setting for Avatar 2: The Way Of Water:

The Unattainium is magnetically Flux Pinned. in midair. One can see Alpha Centauri A and Polyphemus in the sky just before the daily eclipse. Even though technically the eclipse occurs during the day, those hundred or so minutes are the only true night on the CisSide of Pandora because Polyphemus reflects hundreds of times more light than our moon does at night. This is only when Alpha Centauri B is not in the sky, because when it is, one cannot have true night. Unfortunately, the TransSide of Pandora cannot see Polyphemus.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7788128 I'll watch it in due time. I usually wait for like a year so that good quality stuff comes out.

From everything you said, I now see why they had to make the movie so long.

Walabio
Group Admin

Hopefully, you will get to see it in iMax, 3D, high framerate, Dolby Atmos, et cetera. Be sure to get the FrontRowCenter. Like the CMC, we do not meet Payakan until halfway through the movie (Apple :applecry:Bloom Sweetie :unsuresweetie:Belle and Scootaloo :scootangel: did not form the CMC until halfway through Season 1).

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7788150 I'll probably just watch it in the comfort of my home. Maybe I'll even have VR by then and I'll be able to watch it in 3D.

Walabio
Group Admin

My GF finally recovers from Influenza.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7788677 That's bad news.

The lesson still hasn't been learned, has it?

It's important that she suffers more until the lesson is learned. The beating must continue until morale improves. If she recovered without learning anything, she'll go back to her old ways. She didn't suffer enough. More suffering is needed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18