The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26
Walabio
Group Admin

I have ribosomes pumping out SpikeProteins as I write. My immune system should have a robust reaction to them.

By the way, the vaccine comes with free 5G. ¡The reception is great! :facehoof:

I should have many antibodies when I shall watch Avatar 2: The Way Of Water. ¡I wonder what will happen to Aang and Korra!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7779513 I'll get my shot this week. Also a shot against the flu. The reaction will be doubled!

Walabio
Group Admin

I already scored 3 vaccinations against influenza and I have super strong immunity to 1 of the strains of SARS-CoV-2 because I got it and got immunized against it. For details, go back to the posts from October and read chronologically in the forum of this group.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7779607 Same here. 3 shots + 1 natural immunity.

Walabio
Group Admin

I am sorry that you got sick. My 3 shot in October were against Influenza. That is the 1st time I scored 3 vaccinations against Influenza. Previously, I had 3 vaccinations against original SARS-CoV-2. Let us compare notes:

My Girlfriend who is a wuss afraid of needles got the 'Rona in December of last year, and was sick into February, ruining our romantic vacation to Disneyland and and the San Diego Zoo —— ¡thanks for convincing me to go without her! —— , for a total of 2 months, and her lungs are still screwed up. I was sick for less than a week. It was like a mild Influenza with cough and fever. I have no long-term problems. ¿How bad was your infection? and ¿how long did it last? Even imperfect immunity is better than no immunity. I remember when Casto called in sick at work, then, over a month later, he died from the 'Rona. ¿How bad was your infection?

The 1st 3 time I got vaccinated, it was "Take what we have available.". The clinic had Pfizer-BioNTech. This time, I had choice of either Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech for my 4th vaccination (hopefully, the delay causing thousands of infections, including me, was not because the clinic waited on both vaccines). I decided to try Moderna because Dolly Parton helped finance its development, although, that could just have been a clever way of jumping the line for only a few million dollars:

This encouraged her fans to vaccinate:

Merchandise encouraging fans of Dolly Parton to vaccinate.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7779732 I had mild symptoms after my shots. I think the worst was the second shot. A few months after the third shot, I got ill. The first 2-3 days were bad, I felt really sick. But then it got better and after a week I was as good as new.

All three shots were Pfizer. I think my fourth will be as well. It's also against Omicron.

Walabio
Group Admin

So after vaccination, we got probably Omicron, but were sick for less than a week. My wussy girlfriend fearing needles, did not get vaccinated and probably got Omicron too, but was sick for 2 months and now has screwed up lungs. Casto got sick and died with original SARS-CoV-2. It seems to me that vaccination with original vaccine greatly reduces the severity of Omicron.

I am and you soon will get the MultiVariant Vaccine. We shall have super immunity to Omicron (the vaccine contains the SpikeProteins of Original and Omicron), because we got both the infection and the vaccine.

Both Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna cover original and Omicron.

I saw Avatar 2: The Way Of Water in 3D, Giant Screen (no iMax here, but Giant Screen is better than nothing), and Dolby Atmos today. ¡It is worth the wait! ¡I highly recommend it! Unfortunately, it has neither Aang nor Korra. I am glad that I bought my tickets back in October because it was sold out:

By buying my tickets in October, I not only got my to see the movie, but got the Center of the Front Row. ¡Only 1 pony can get the FrontRowCenter!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7779950 It might have been Omicron because it was supper infectious. I wasn't the only one who got sick.

So, did your GF get any shots yet or has she learned absolutely nothing? How many body parts does she have to lose before she learns a lesson?

I like the visuals in Avatar 2. They remind me of Subnautica, for some reason. The story seems quite generic though. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Walabio
Group Admin

> "Walabio It might have been Omicron because it was supper infectious."

I am sorry that it ruined your supper. :rainbowlaugh: I got Omicron just from taking off my masks during lunch. Meals just keep popping up.

> "So, did your GF get any shots yet or has she learned absolutely nothing?"

You know that humans never learn. That is a theme in the movie:

After the Navi forced out the SkyPeople, they had a wonderful decade of happiness. Back on Earth, the .1% concluded that Earth will die, decided to leave the poor to die with the Earth and move to Pandora. The plan is to exploit Pandora until it dies and then move to another world to exploit, in an endless chain of WorldMurder. The SkyPeople learned nothing.

When the SkyPeople returned, they remembered the BioSphere turning against them, and torch everything within 100 KM of their landing sites. The areas where the SkyPeople settle look like metastasizing tumors on Pandora. Speaking about Carcinization, the Mechs they use look like crabs.

In addition to Unattainium, they discovered that a substance from the brains of Tokuns, a species that they know is sapient, slows aging; so now, they murder these gentle sapient beings for extracting it from their brains.

Total war exists between the SkyPeople and the whole Moon Pandora, on both land and sea.

As Agent Smith says in the Matrix, humans are a disease.

Seeing the cancerous lesions on Pandora and the the biocide —— ¡this went far beyond genocide! —— moved me to tears several times. ¡The SkyPeople want to kill everything, stripmine the moon, and move on to the next world to murder!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7779965 Usually my Grammarly catches slipups like that. I wouldn't be surprised though if I did contract it during supper.

In defense of SkyPeople, we don't actually need worlds anymore now that we invented fusion. We can survive anywhere in the Universe, we don't even need stars. If it was up to me, I'd either blow up all the stars or plunge them into black holes.

Walabio
Group Admin

These SkyPeople have fusion, but they use it to go to new worlds to ruin.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7780045 But with each new world, they can build more spaceships. Essentially, they are creating new worlds. New worlds that are not bound to just a single star.

Walabio
Group Admin

Rather than killing worlds, they could build a DysonSwarms. The resources in our own StarSystem could support 10^22 SkyPeople, but they would rather go to other StarSystems and murder worlds.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7780047 Dyson structures only provide energy, not materials. SkyPeople don't need energy since they have fusion. They need materials. For that, they have to scavenge worlds.

Walabio
Group Admin

They could disassemble world in their own StarSystem. They can even lift metal (elements heavier than hydrogen and helium) using StarLifting (the mass of metal in Sol is about 10x the mass of all of the planets combined).
They do not need to go to Alpha Centauri.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7780510 Why not disassemble all the worlds?

Walabio
Group Admin

Pandora is inhabited. It is being a bad neighbor to disassemble the homes of others for building materials.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7780526 I agree. They should only disassemble half of the planet and share the other half with Pandorians.

Walabio
Group Admin

I am a bit confused:

Pandora is a moon of the planet Polyphemus, a planet orbiting Alpha Centauri A. ¿Did you meant that the SkyPeople should disassemble Polyphemus and share it with with the sapients of the moon Pandora? or ¿did you mean that the SkyPeople should disassemble the moon Pandora and share it with the sapients of the moon Pandora?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7780833 They don't want all of it, just the good material. Pandorians can have the rest.

Walabio
Group Admin

Pulling back to reality. the Earth can support 10^10 people now. With future technology, we could support 10^12 people. Completely covered in city, the Earth could house 10^15 people, but if each human consumes only 1 KW, the the power would be 10^18 Watts, which would cook the Earth.

If we disassemble everything orbiting Sol, and StarMine the metals (elements heavier than Helium) from Sol and while we are at it, remove the Helium too and make a HeliumStar which will cool to a WhiteDwarf, we could support 10^223 people in a DysonSwarm on just Solar Power. Expanding outward, the Milky Way could easily support 10^32 people.

The humans in the AvatarMovies think in small terms. They want to exploit only already habitable worlds. They do not see the big picture.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7782267 I agree, habital worlds are overrated. We don't even need them.

I do wonder, though. Is it better to host more humans or build a bigger AI?

Walabio
Group Admin

That is the informal Logical Fallacy of Relative Privation:

Formal Logical Fallacies are always wrong. Informal Logical Fallacies are Heuristics (Heuristic ALgorithms (HAL) is named for Heuristic Algorithms —— ¡not 1-step ahead of IBM! :scootangel: ), and are not always true (Argument From Authority is an Informal Logical Fallacy when the Authority is a psychic surgeon; but not when the Authority is an oncologist with a degree from the best medical school in Slovenia and has practiced medicine with a 5-year survival-rate exceeding the average for oncologists.

We can do both.

An example of the relative privation is that we currently grow enough food to feed everyone, but some starve because they cannot get it; so therefor, we should divert all resources devoted to Agronomy (the Science of FoodProduction) to FoodDistribution. We have the resources to do both and stopping Agronomy could lead to future famines.

Not only can we host more humans and build bigger AIs, but more humans can help build bigger AIs.

You are right about planets being overrated:

An example, CavePeople live in a cave in a mountain. The cave houses less than 100 CavePeople. If we disassemble the mountain, we could build a million homes. The DysonSwarm we could build around Sol, could house far more Sapients than the Galaxies of Robots, Empire, and Foundation by Professor Isaac Asimov Ph.D. and Republic and Empire by George Lucas combines. If we build a DysonSwarm around every star in the Galaxy, that would house more Sapients than those 2 Empires combines and then squared.

This is an 2-hour video consisting of only a small fraction of the MegaStructures we could build in a DysonSwarm around just Sol:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7782383 Personally, I prefer fusion reactors to Dyson Spheres/Swarm. With a reactor, you can produce as much energy as you need. With Sol, you get energy weather you want it or not.

Walabio
Group Admin

In That case, we can disassemble all of the stars and prevent new stars from forming, thus conserving the gas as raw material. We could create heavier elements as needed. If we do this on a galactic scale, we shall have access to blackholes and can harvest their angular momentum for energy and throw material into AccretionDiscs, where the density and friction will convert 20% of the mass into energy.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7782402 Sounds like a good plan.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26