The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Walabio
Group Admin

The true story of the repair of Salyut 7, will make a great movie some day, it this pile of fæces is not 5 it. Basically, the writers, directors, and producers took a great story and made it into a bad action-movie:

When I write bad action-movie, I do not mean that action-movies are bad. Indeed, Terminator 2 is a good action-movie:

Terminator 2 had great action-scenes, but took breaks for letting the audience decompress. This movie is more like Transformers 2, which has continuous action, thus leaving the audience numb and unsatisfied.

Let us look at the needless embellishments which ruined this movie:

• The Americans trying to steal Salyut 7
  • The Soviet Military planning to shoot down Salyut 7 if it cannot be repaired to keep it out of US-hands
  • A dramatic fire
  • Quenching the fire by depressurizing the station to space
  • Having so little air left that only 1 Cosmonaut can return to Earth
  • Ruptured water-tank
  • Et cetera

All those embellishments turned Salyut 7 into a bad action-movie like Transformers 2. The thing is that the true story does not need any of that:

I need to mention the Movie Apollo 13:

The true story of Apollo 13 is so good that the movie is over 90% accurate, and is a great movie. Likewise, the true story of Salyut 7 is so good that, it too, like Apollo 13, could be a great movie:

Salyut 7 had a power-failure, while it was uninhabited. The true story of Soyuz T-13 (the mission to repair Salyut 7), is enthralling. It would make a great movie. Adding all of the horseapples to the story just ruins it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1