The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Walabio
Group Admin

Once again, I had to work another 6-day work-week. Here is a little something. I still need to finish voting systems, but I am not even done with ranked systems for single-winner. This post was easy enough to do because I reuse text I used elsewhere last week:

Interaction with a ticket-taker last week:

Many adult male fans were there, which confused the staff. I explained to the ticket-taker that the foal-based G3.5 was so bad adult men went to ripping it MST3K-Style. Bored men watched the debut of G4.0 expecting to rip it MST3K-Style but discovered that it is a good show and became real fans. Being a good show, it would have picked up adult fans of both women and men like the PowerPuffGirls did over the course of many years, but the adult men tuning in planning to rip the show MST3K-Style generated a large, mostly, adult male, fan-base over night. In return, she explained to me the pros and cons of Atmos versus THX, with an explanation of how each works.

I am a skeptical adult fan. We joined later when the PodCast, the Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe recommended the show as a skeptical show after using a clip in Episode 286 of the Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe from episode E01S09 “Bride Gossip” written by Amy Keating Rogers. As it turned out, the skepticism is more particular to the writer because Dave “antiScience ProGenocide” Polsky went on to write an episode against science and skepticism.

This is where the conversation ends, but I have an addendum:

I plan to write a series of blogposts about prostitution for this group. The next day, I saw BladeRunner 2049. I gave MLP:FiM-Movie 4/5 Stars (B) but BladeRunner 2049 5/5 Stars (A) on scales from 0 to 5 stars. Today (1 week later), I saw BladeRunner 2049 again, but with a friend who is a sexworker:

Police treat sexworkers as nonpersons. In BladeRunner 2049 exist sapient replicants (bioengineered humans) and sapient general artificial intelligences who are legally not persons and have no rights. Killing a replicant or GAI is at most a property-crime. Police treat prostitutes as nonpersons and routinely demand freebies (rape) and bribes (theft) from them. If a prostitute does not cooperate, the police murder the prostitute. She saw the parallels between the replicants and GAIs and herself and other sexworkers. This paragraph is a preview of the planned BlogPostSeries. Because of the goings on at the theater, I am able to tie it into the BlogPost. Replicants, sapient duplicates of Miss Pinkamena Diane Pie, GAIs, and sexworkers all lack personhood.

Also the sky in the movie looks like the sky outside because one cannot see the sun, moon, or stars in the movie because of pollution and, for the last week, only cannot see the sky here because of smoke. The main difference is that people and replicants in the movie can breath the outside-air without a filter-mask. Not being able to see the sun in real life made the movie uncannily real, as though our world becomes the world in the movie around us.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1