Cancelled Fics 44 members · 757 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Shukawarioserfi
Group Admin

Post about why you had your story cancelled. I cancelled Suicidal Ideation Is Magic because I couldn't manage to write a scene with the first person character under hypnosis. It was too difficult to imagine what would play out in that scenario for me so I cancelled it.

4051731 I dont think thats a valid enough reason to cancel a fic. In the end trial and error is a good thing.

Shukawarioserfi
Group Admin

4052012 I couldn't write it anymore. Period.

Kifstopher
Group Admin

I cancelled my story because it became too strenuous to write, and I knew that the quality would just keep going down with every chapter.

Shukawarioserfi
Group Admin

4056731 That's also a good reason why I cancelled mine.

ChangelingLumin
Group Admin

4056731 The same with mine, I just wanted to write something other than ponies for a while.

Shukawarioserfi
Group Admin

4066003 I actually haven't been able to write something without ponies in it for a long time myself.

ChangelingLumin
Group Admin

4066027 I write about pokemon, anime, and sometimes I do original short stories.

Speaking of which, I'm currently writing a novel. Hopefully I can get that done and published.

Shukawarioserfi
Group Admin

4066032 That is awesome! Keep it up. I'd love to read it sometime. ^^

ChangelingLumin
Group Admin

4066033 From what I heard it can be long a tedious. Would you believe only 3% of authors actually finish and publish their books. Most of the time people give up on it because of the countless hours of sitting at the computer or the huge amounts of stress that comes with writing a book. Be prepared to shell out some cash to get an editor, and also the long waits for a publisher to notice your story and publish it.

I choose a long and hard path, hopefully I can make it through this.

David-The-Peach
Group Admin

4051731 my six cancelled fics started good but I lost interest of them, I have trouble making a middle to my stories. got and start and end but no middle.

just letting you know I cancelled 'the lessons learned', like I said I got a beginning and end its just the middle is hard for me. you seemed to liked that one.:fluttershysad:

Shukawarioserfi
Group Admin

4069078 Makes sense. I always get in a hurry or get excited by an idea but then quickly lose interest.

Funny story. I had created a thread over on the Fallout Equestria group's forums, it was a simple little forum game for writing and improv practice, called it Fallout Equestria: Our Story. It was a pass the paragraph style of game, anyway, the thread got locked because of roleplaying. Anyway, I compiled everything that was written and posted it as a story. I was thoroughly surprised when it was passed. I chose to have it's status be cancelled because, under no circumstances, am I allowed to make a new pass the paragraph thread or restart the old one. It bugs me to no end that I, as well as many others, will never know how the story ends.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15