The LEGIT Christian Bronies 26 members · 23 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

I am a highly conservative Christian who believes in soulwinning, once-saved-always-saved, a literal interpretation of hell, KJV only, reprobates, demons and magic.

Yes, magic.

Hear me out: God is the one ruling Hell, not the Devil. The Earth is Satan's playground.

Now, let's talk about witches for a moment: they can summon demons and they usually worship some Mother Goddess. It wouldn't be too hard for Satan to simply have one of his demons- or even himself- act as this Mother Goddess, granting power on the earth to all those who worship "her", right?

And let's think about another thing: Demons are real. Self-harm, insanity and inhuman strength were symptoms of demonic possession. Of course, I'm not saying that everyone who displays one or even two of those are possessed by a hoard of hateful demons, but when you've got someone who's cutting themselves, foaming at the mouth and able to break any chains someone puts on him/her, that's usually not normal.

If a witch were to summon a demon and give her body to it willingly, who knows what that demon could do? It could easily practice the sort of magic all witches talk about. After all, it's a supernatural being; while it doesn't have the power of God, it's still much stronger than a human.

Oh, and another thing- expelling demons was something that was given as a gift. They didn't read a few verses out of the Bible or thrust a cross in the possessed person's face. It was a gift given by God, so if you come across any power-hungry witches that are acting just a bit inhuman, don't try to whip out your Bible and destroy her.

Any thoughts on this?

Gamer Brash
Group Admin

I'm not KJV only.
Progressive in that I advocate hobbies and lifestyles that the church thinks is strange.
Troll fail is troll.

Gamer Brash
Group Admin

Unless you're being serious, in which case I apologize for my comment.

Gamer Brash
Group Admin

To be honest, now that I read it over...
I agree with most of this. Just, with the title, I can't tell if it's trollbait or not. Could you clarify?

It's not trollbait, it's just stating the subject: witchcraft. And I AM KJV only.

Since you asked specifically for thoughts I'd consider it within the group's parameters to provide them.

I don't believe in demons or witches.

I won't go so far as to say that they definitely don't exist, but that's out of principle.

Inhuman strength that you describe is actually completely within human ability. It's akin to mothers lifting cars off of their babies. There exist inhibitors in most every human that limit the exertion of strength. This exists because to exert the full amount of strength we posses is highly dangerous, and can damage our muscles to the point where repair is impossible with today's medication.

Of course that's just a fun fact, whether or not demons take part in these actions sometimes is different.

I would certainly call Sampson levels of strength inhuman, but he was given that strength by God.

4019735 Thank you for your view on it, especially considering the fact that you disagree. :twilightsmile:

It does make sense that extreme feats of strength aren't always demon-perpetrated, and I do understand that an adrenaline-fueled person could potentially do something that they normally couldn't do.

I forgot to make a quip about how zombie strength can be explained by this.

4020110 Ah, zombies. The foundation of modern childhoods.

There is no compelling reason to believe in demons, nor witches. Thus far, possession has not been shown to be anything other than a myth perpetrated by shamans and catholicism.

4020524 While it's fully possible that insanity was explained using "demons" in the New Testament similar to how periods were called "curses" in the Old Testament(which, if you've ever had one, "curse" isn't too far off base), there isn't necessarily a reason to simply put demons aside and say they aren't real. That sort of goes along with the idea that Satan is in hell, not making trouble on Earth. Or it could also go along with the idea that there is no Satan and he was just made up to scare people.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12