Wrestling Fans 37 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Prak
Group Admin

I know there aren't currently many people in here to discuss this with, but I might as well try.

The Royal Rumble is this weekend, and I'm reasonably excited for it. After the events of the last few weeks, all of my expectations (Lesnar retaining the title and Reigns winning the Rumble so they can face each other at Wrestlemania (which I'd have hated)) have been cast into doubt. At this point, anyone could win those matches.

Just please, for the love of God, not Cena.

Some things I'm hoping and/or expecting to see are:
1: Miz and Sandow finally split up and start feuding. (hoping)
2: The Ascension wrecks the New Age Outlaws, but they still won't get over because bad booking, promos, and commentary has damaged them so severely. (expecting)
3: In a match against two heels, Cena will get the fewest cheers and loudest boos. (hoping and expecting)

Will anyone else be watching it Sunday? If so, what do you think of the build-up, and what are you expecting/hoping to see at the show?

3992108 i dint watch PPV's, bit if i did id watch the MITB

Now that I've actually read the post, the only real thing I would hope comes out of the PPV is that Brock Lesnar loses the belt and goes away. I hate Cena as much as the next guy, but what I can respect out of his is that Cena work every week and does his job non stop. Lesnar has no mic skills(why he ever talks baffles), his MMA career was a joke, can hardly wrestle (People say that Scott Steiner had only 2 moves) but what makes it so much worse is that he is such a part timer that any role that he has is just a waste of talent like WrestleMania 30. Sure, Undertaker would go for long bouts with no appearance, but the Undertaker's streak gimmick was much more legendary than anything Brock Lesnar has ever had the chance to work.

Personally, I always thought Seth Rollins was a good wrestler, especially if you watch his work as Tyler Black in NXT. So even though we would need to tolerate his bitching I would rather have him be the champ than Lesnar.

Prak
Group Admin

John Cena the man is definitely someone to look up to. John Cena the character, however, is another story. One of my strongest wrestling-related desires is to see him turn heel. It made Hogan relevant and put him over with the fans again, and it could do the same for Cena. With so many up-and-coming babyfaces, it's not like they need him playing superhero.

I disagree with a lot of what you say about Lesnar. He's been part-time because WWE hasn't been willing to pay him to appear. Had they shelled out, as they're certain to do in the months leading up to Wrestlemania, he'd have been a much stronger presence. I also disagree about his lack of mic skills. I think he's actually pretty good, and I find his soft, measured voice much more threatening than the booming baritones of his contemporaries.

As for Rollins, though, you're right. His work in Ring of Honor (also as Tyler Black) was fantastic, and in my opinion, he's currently the best talent on WWE's roster. The idea of him winning the title at the PPV while still holding the Money in the Bank case is immensely appealing because I don't think it's ever happened before, and it would bring a unique dynamic to the title picture.

Oh, I forgot, it was ROH.

Anyway, the problem I have with Brock Lesnar's Mic skills is that his voice sounds like a cartoon character who just got kicked in the balls. Back before WrestleMania 30 they had the Undertaker Vs. Lesnar promo and I thought it was so funny because when he says "Let's do this!" his voice raised an octave, like he un-dropped his balls.

As for Cena turning heel...

Prak
Group Admin

Point taken. Brock raising his voice is a bad thing. When he doesn't, though, I think he's fine.

And yeah, I know Vince won't ever let Cena turn, even if it means the poor guy spends the rest of his career looking like an idiot. Doesn't stop me from wishing it would happen.

I'm expecting Brock to retain--why else would they have removed the mandated Championship Match (Elimination Chamber) before Wrestlemania?

My heart longs for either Bryan or Ziggler, but my brain fears it'll be Roman. I'm excited to see who shows up, regardless--I'm expecting a surprise appearance from Adrian Neville, which should be cool.

Here's to hoping that Connor and Viktor rip Billy Gunn's head off.

Prak
Group Admin

Well, that was worse than I ever expected it could be. While the title match was good, and some of the undercard was decent, the rumble match was a train wreck.

From the moment Daniel Bryan went out, the crowd turned on the match, and it only got worse as every babyface on the roster was made to look like a chump, with the exception of Roman "Superman" Reigns. For God's sake, all the young, popular talent was getting eliminated by two old men, Big Show and Kane.

It was so bad that the crowd was chanting "We want refunds" by the end. And when it turned out that Rusev was still in the match after it was thought that Reigns had won, Rusev actually got cheered! To top it off, The Rock came out to defend Reigns from the big beatdown from the heels, and when he raised Reigns' hand, he got booed! The damn ROCK got booed!

This was a disaster. Even worse than last year. It's like a sick joke. Vince McMahon is an out-of-touch dinosaur, and the only thing he succeeded in doing tonight was ruining the reputation of Roman Reigns and crushing the IWC's interest in WrestleMania 31.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8