Species of Equestria 421 members · 593 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I just discovered this awesome Tumblr webcomic and felt like it might appeal to some folks here.

I actually don't know how I missed this, seeing as it's been plugged several times on Equestria Daily (it's made by CouchCrusader, one of the EQD mods). It's set in an alternate Equestria where Fluttershy is a giant spider, and... well, that's kind of it, actually. Despite how ridiculous that sounds, it's not a comedy, as far as I can tell. Fluttershy is still her same adorable self, but just... more spidery.

The story hasn't got very far in, so if you're interested, you'll be able to catch up easily. It updates every Friday. I really, really like the art style - it's beautifully drawn and makes regular use of animation, which is really rare for a webcomic. If you want to read it from the beginning, go here!

Oh, and Fluttershy isn't the only alternate-universe-pony that you'll meet...

4008814 You're the nice person who made a TVTropes page for Children of Everfree! Wow! I'm floored by how much you put into it. I'm really glad you're enjoying the story so far, and I apologize for the lack of update last week. Just posted a new one tonight, though, and hopefully I'll have another one ready this week.

Thank you for the glowing recommendation!

4061505 You did this comic? It's a really awesome idea. :heart: How in Equestria did you come up with it?

4062152 Thank you! The short answer is that I like spiders :B

The longer answer starts with me being in 6th grade and wanting to draw a graphic novel, but with no drawing talent whatsoever. So I started writing instead. I got better at drawing in the meantime. Saw a Fluttershyder picture Equestria-Prevails did as a joke years ago, and it stuck with me even as OtterLore started Spiderpony Rarity Then this past November, being jobless, I was like "I have free time, let's draw some Spidershy" and from there a story started falling into place SCARY FAST.

This is the culmination of something I've wanted to do forever, and I'm having a blast with it. I'm really grateful for all the support and attention people've given me these past few months!

4062615 I'm gonna read all your comic before I go to bed tonight. I hope I dream of Spidershy. :yay:

4061505 - oh no! They're onto me! Um... look over there! A moose!

But seriously, it was my pleasure, I love your comic and I love troping. ^^ I actually don't feel like the page has enough tropes yet! I'm happy that you liked it, in any case. :)

I managed to get a semi-brony friend (who isn't hugely into ponies, but loves merfolk and swimmy things) into the comic as well, by telling him to read it and not letting on about Siren Dash. As soon as he saw that, he stuck it on his must-follow list. ^^

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6