The Babs Seed Fan Club 134 members · 200 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

(Carried over from My Little Investigations' "FIM Discussions" page on Equestrian Dreamers)

I present you two sides to a story, both sides about Babs' cutie mark, as introduced in the Bloom and Gloom episode that aired this past April. Both sides come from carefully researched articles on FIMFiction, a site for which I am currently a frequent writer, and on occasion a songwriter for some stories.

This side expresses this with the following emoticons:
:yay: :twilightsmile: :pinkiehappy: :raritystarry: :raritywink:

QUILLAMORE:

Just watched new episode, so excited about how they seem to be bringing Babs back in. Would've liked to have seen Babs' dream, but what they gave me was enough to make me squee with happiness. Some new cute Babs reunion pictures and I'm already getting ideas.

So hairstyling may not be the talent I expected her to have...but I like it. Now I really want to write a scene in IYGALL where she's trying to help Coco with one of the actresses even though she's too young to do so. I love the idea of adult!Babs and Coco becoming a superstar mother-daughter Bridleway beautician team with Babs doing the hair and Coco providing the costumes. Their cutie marks fit together so well and :heart: ~ *melts from cuteness*

This side expresses this with the following emoticons, merely because of the public stupidity present in this side:
:derpyderp1: :derpyderp2: :derpytongue2: :rainbowwild: :rainbowderp: :trollestia: :pinkiecrazy:

THE PONYTRICIAN:

Her special talent is scissoring.

Lesbian ponies confirmed!

EPSILION-DELTA:

Proof that Babs will cut you.

THATWEATHERSTORMCHAP:

Looks like the writers just gave her something generic to...

...cut time.

THE RED KNIGHT:

of course! she must be a murder[er] who makes meat pies out of ponies!

RAINEDASH:

This side expresses this with the following emoticons:
:flutterrage: :fluttershbad: :fluttershyouch: :fluttershysad: :applejackconfused: :ajbemused: :applejackunsure: :applecry: :fluttercry: :raritydespair: :raritycry: :rainbowhuh: :facehoof: :twilightangry2:

SUPERPINKBRONY12:
(When coming across Babs, he posted blogs about how much potential we knew she had. He felt insulted when Babs' cutie mark appeared unexpectedly during the "Bloom and Gloom" episode, and noted the hypocrisy in terms of voice actress activity that the scene very much presents.)

We begin with a bombshell that no one would've expected, Babs Seed sends a letter to the CMC revealing that she got her cutie mark. It's a pair of scissors, and it stems from her obession with her locks in "One Bad Apple".
[...]
I'm kind of bummed that we probably won't see Babs Seed ever again, she had so much potential.

(His criticism was extent to a comment he posted on another, Babs-related, thread.)

Yeah, it's like they wanted a reason to write Babs out. Which really sucks considering her potential, I mean her VA was still attending cons so it's not like Twist's case where they couldn't contact her VA.

(His earlier criticism, which was lent to the over-sightedness on the part of Hasbro when it came to approving it, was repeated in the comments section of another of his reviews, that of Appleloosa's Most Wanted.)

It could be that [Brynna] wanted to quit, so the writers tried to think of a way to write off her character. But [Brynna] came back to the show, so unless she stated she didn't want to voice Babs again the writers shouldn't have done what they did with Babs in "Bloom and Gloom". Time well tell really, maybe it's possible that the letter isn't actually from Babs (though I doubt it very much).

(He did note, however, that Babs may well present some staying power after the fact.)

Well, I guess this means we can rule out any further appearances of Babs Seed in the show. The comics will probably still include her on occasion, and there will certainly still be a place for her in the fandom.

SEETHER00:

I don't like it. I always figured she would get something more physical and badass. Roller derby, boxing, or some sort of combat sport.

LEVEL DASHER:

Yeah— how the hell is an earth pony gonna use a pair of scissors? Aside from that, the pair of scissors that is her CM would be completely unusable.

What are your own personal thoughts on that cutie mark?

Well my opinian is this: whil in the Bloom and Gloom things ended well for Appple Bloom I belive the thing for Babs Seed could be kinda oppsite in my headcanon.

My head canon: I imagined Babs Seed to be the youngest daughter of the Oranges also the black sheep of the family:
http://atryl.deviantart.com/art/Bad-Seed-340037784
...so yeah things could become more troublous for her.

Who knows later she ming move into ponyville just like Applejack did when she was young but Babs Seed would spend mutch more in ponyville while she would get a manedresser tutor by Rarity's help.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2