The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

I don't know why but I really like this title. Maybe cause it slips off the tongue so well? Ah whatever, point is I like it.

This episode brings us good jokes, a pointless plot item that goes nowhere, and general funnies abound!

Giving Bugze the Nobody Cloak is probably one of my best abuses of author power. Like I said last review it lead to great plot points and became a symbol for those in the Hive Mind and the characters in the story. But boy did it cause Bugze some problems almost all of the time!

Case in point, this episode begins with Bugze trying to calm the mares down from screaming. He enters the library and manages to find a light switch, which thankfully exist in this version of Equestria since if video games and t.v exist then so can electricity!

I just realized that this series was a AU before the whole Nightmare incidents, go figure.

Anyway Bugze is surprised to find out that the three mares screaming are Twilight, Rarity, and Applejack. Well...he's mostly surprised that the big, bad Applejack of all ponies is screaming like a little filly. Which is only because if Hasbro can forget that she's braver then the others usually all the time (Looking at you Bridle Gossip) then so can I!

Ahem, fan annoyance aside Bugze tries to calm the girls down...or at least tells them to stop screaming a good three times before he gives up. So with the girls still screaming he starts to search the library for something that'll help him communicate with Cadence.

Twelve minutes later (that's right, twelve minutes of screaming. Don't you know ponies have big lungs?) plot convenience shows up in the form of a book falling on Bugze's head.

What's this book you ask? Why the 'Long Term Communication Spells For Advanced Unicorns' book of course!

What's that? You have no idea what that is? Well neither does anyone else apparently.

Yeah...this book gets mention again like one time and then just fades away into the background. We don't even have Bugze learn the spell. It's kind just...there and that's it. Aka, its another plot point that went nowhere and faded into obscurity.

Maybe I should have been keeping track of useless plot points, plenty more of those from the looks of it.

Anyway, Bugze finally gets too annoyed by the mares screaming so he tries using the RCV to shut them up. When that doesn't work he decides to do the next best thing...join in on the fun and scream too!

I love the randomness of this series so much.

After two hours of screaming (lungs? air? what are those?) Bugze realizes screaming is getting him nowhere so he stops...as well as realizes that all this screaming has woken Nightshade up. Checking up on her he finds...that she's still sleeping.

And thus Nightshade's heavy sleeping is made folks!

Also, Bugze decides to name her Nightshade as he feels a lot of ponies voted for it. The fourth wall cracks from this, but not too much damage was done so no worries.

But yeah, I kinda just drop it out of nowhere that Nightshade is the filly's new name. No build up or anything, just kinda *bam* there's her name. Definitely could have done better with the name build up, but I think I did a better job with it in later seasons so its all good.

After naming his daughter Bugze decides to try and see if 'How to be A Gentle Colt 101' book had any advice on the situation he was in. And thanks to plot convenience, it does!

So after reading the 'How to Stop Mares from Screaming Nicely' chapter of the book, Bugze speaks in a gentlemanly tone with sophisticated words...which in lame mans terms basically asks them to stop assaulting his ears with their screams.

Ah, the running gag of 'Sophisticated Talk...But Not Really,' gotta love it.

Anyway, this of all things manages to snap the mares out of it. Rarity gets all excited at a 'monster with a sense of class' and the episode ends with Bugze wondering how to get out of this new mess.

Also...

Good: +3 Solving a situation without Violence

Yeah...this won't happen often so get used to it. Also for future reference, I'll only mark Excessive Violence as evil, because I know that there are just some situations where violence can't be avoided or can lead to a good ending.

This episode was good. It had plenty of jokes that were good, and the plot moved forward smoothly. There were plenty of comments used unlike last episode as well, which is always a plus. And bonus, new running gag!

The only problems that are really worth mentioning is how the Communication book is never used again, and that the time skips don't make the best sense. Cause screaming for those amounts of time can't be possible. But besides that not too bad all around.

Since the shouting has come to an end, let's see this episode's Title Segments!

Favorite Moment:

Scream!

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

This will probably go on for awhile, so lets just jump to when you stop screaming, okay.

Ah, pointless screaming is always a blast...as well as happens very often in season 1, go figure.

Embarrassing Moment:

I guess since I'm in a library I could look for some communication spells while I'm here. You think to yourself in a logical(that is a thing right) tone.

Just...I can't even comment on this its so stupid. Just...just move onto the next title.

First Appearance of a Running Gag:

After reading the page you take a deep breath and say, in a high class tone, "Would you ladies care to kindly cease this exorbitant assault on my auditory senses?"

The 'Sophisticated Talk...But Not Really' gag! Even you can sound snobby and yet insult someone unknowingly at the same time!

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Bugze's Skills:

'Royal Canterlot Voice (RCV)' Learned: Episode 6

'Forcefield' Learned: Episode 6

'Teleport' Learned: Episode 6

'No Shadow Kick' Learned: Episode 23

'Free Running Skill' Relearned: Episode 23

'FUS RO DAH' Adapted from Previous Skill (RCV): Episode 26

'Sophisticated Talk...But Not Really' Learned: Episode 30

The Karma Counter:

Good: 11
Evil: 9

Plot Hole Count: 3

Rating: 7/10

Wouldn't it be "The Not-So Quiet Library"?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2