The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Oh my god the nostalgia is real guys. Rereading this chap brought back so many memories...

I remember when I first wrote this. It got rejected the first time I tried to publish it by the guys in charge. Basically it was cause I, being the naïve writer I was back then, posted the information blog in the actual chapter before I made the blog. It was my cheap way of getting 1000 words without having to write much hehehehe...

Man I can't believe I thought I could get away with that.

Speaking of that blog, some questions I tend to get is way the timeline is so funky. Having the CMC know each other and having the Canterlot Wedding happen right after Nightmare Moon's return was a weird choice.

Well you see I was only a very recent brony back then, and I hate watching things out of order. So I only had only watched season 1 at the time, and knew the big events of the other seasons via commercials and spoilers. So I had to work with what I had and decided to mess with the timeline to my advantage.

I mean I could have done a time travel fic with Bugze being shot into the past from the future, but that seemed too much of a hassle at the time so I dropped the idea.

Anyway, as I read I couldn't help but realize that a lot of the running gags we have now started here. Bugze's hatred of My Little Human, Lady Luck causing problems for Bugze, and Bugze's knack for getting into misunderstandings!

I'm gonna be honest with you all, I always thought most of the running gags were from your guy's comments. So knowing that I made some of the long standing ones...well it feels good.

Now, the chapter itself has been edited for better grammar, but for the longest time it wasn't and it was not very good, so knowing that should make it obvious why I say what I say next.

This chapter, and those leading up to before Kersey joined on as editor, always made me self-conscious about posting. Just my paranoia about bad spelling and all that always making me hesitate. I'm way better now, but if it becomes obvious that I'm avoiding talking about the actual way things are written then that's why.

Overall this chapter will always have a special place in my heart. Not only is it where I started my writing, but it is a symbol to me...a symbol of courage and change.

I'm not gonna lie, posting that chapter was the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done. Keep in mind that I was only near the end of junior high at the time so my natural paranoia tends to make me pretty nervous back then. I was so afraid of getting so many downvotes and nasty comments I almost didn't post it.

But...I'm glad I did. This is gonna sound sappy but posting that chapter changed my life. I met so many wonderful people and made amazing friends in you guys in the Hive Mind. I got a lot braver when it came to speaking my mind, as well as talking with others in general about things I like cause of all the support this fic had gotten.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder what my life would be like if I never posted this story...and every time I do I know it would never be as great as it was now.

Okay enough with the sappy stuff! I'm a senior in high school I'm too young to be getting this emotional!

Moving on to the final segment of my review (the non ranting one) is where I point out a few things. Mainly:

Favorite Moment:

You. Tied to a chair. And forced to watch the most disgusting show in the history of Equestria. It's... oh god why that show. It's... MY LITTLE HUMAN!

I don't know why but this line always cracks me up!

Embarrassing Moment:

Anyway I would also appreciate it if you guys would also suggest a name for our changeling. It has to be a unisex name like Alex. If you guys can do that then it would be awesome.

I don't know what I was thinking asking for a name right off the bat! Hell we never even gave Bugze one! He got it from Cadence, aka me! Talk about overthinking ahead...

First Appearance Comment:

Seeing as how you were never really that great at the whole "evil" thing (or anything for that matter), you decide to rush toward the scream and help out.

When caught by the orange pony (or any of the other ponies who kicked your flank, you still aren't sure if you got all that confetti out of your skull from the pink one's cannon) later you point in a random direction and yell "Look! A distraction!" then run away when she/they turns her/their head(s).

Ah Kersey's first comment, as well as the comment making Bugze be all goody goody. Funnily enough there was another comment before Kersey's saying Bugze should be bad. Had to flip a coin to decide which should go, and you can all tell which side got it.

The Unintentional Reference:

you quickly throw dirt into the pony's eyes.

I didn't even know King of the Hill was a thing, so image my surprise when I make this up and it turns out to be a reference!

Welp, that's all for that stuff. Now I shall bid you all ado with a rating of the chap. This has been DWC, signing off!

S1E0: The Setup 6.5/10

And so, the journey that one day became a 700k word monstrosity began.

I still can't believe I haven't started contributing until the beginning of season 4. I guess I was just afraid my writing wasn't up to code.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4