The TwiCord Group 653 members · 206 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

Howdy, since I'm an admin now, thought I'd post something useful.

So here's my thought process. We as Twicord authors ought to stick together and help one another out. Most authors want just one thing, and that's reviews. Therefore, I thought we'd start a review exchange thing for Twicord stories and Twicord stories only.

If you post your story requesting review, be prepared to take on another person's request in exchange. Just pick from the list of requested reviews.

Please follow this format:

Name of Story AND link
Short Description
Why you want a review
What you want reviewers to focus on (ex. plot, grammar, pacing)

Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

Meh, since no one's posted, here's mine for review.

This Cruel and Random World

It was a simple bet. Spend one month as a pony, and prove to Celestia that he had been right all along. Discord never thought he would actually enjoy it. As the days pass, he finds himself desperate to keep up the façade a little longer.

I am planning on completely re-writing this novel. It's very outdated in terms of my writing ability and doesn't fit the mood I'd like. So I'd appreciate honest feedback on what worked and what didn't. I plan on making the re-write far darker and weave in a lot more mystery. Plus, loooots better development. I will also be removing my other stories' references so that it's a stand-alone.

Please focus on plot-level stuff. I've had a veritable swarm of editors look this thing over, it should be grammatically lovely and typo-free. I need to know what worked and what didn't from a plot standpoint. Also some takes on my backstory and characterization (taking in mind this is AU).

Thanks, lovelies.

— Bluegrass

SapphireSparks
Group Admin

5694224 I just finished it, and I'd like to share my thoughts!

First off, I feel like its too many ideas pushed way too fast. The chaos magic, the harmony magic, the magic river, the whole Discord Celestia past, the romance between Twilight and Discord, the other story references; it's all just too much. It's all good ideas, I must say, but they don't belong so early on.

In my opinion, the story should've focused on the relationships solely for a while; Discord and Twilight, Discord and Spike, Spike and Twilight, Discord and the people of Ponyville. Instead the story became sidetracked with the magic theories and Discord's past and all of these other things that would be much better suited in a sequel or further down the line of the story. Build on Discord and Twilight's interactions and why Discord falls in love with her. It kind of feels weird though, mainly because I almost feel like Twilight didn't fall in love with Discord. Entropy almost feels like a different character, and just not Discord. (Though this could be used to the story's benefit, as Discord could have an identity crisis of sorts)

These are just an inexperienced writer's ramblings though, so don't pay them much mind because I still loved this story and binge read it in a few days. I like how you blended in your other stories pretty seamlessly, and how you made the small moments with Twilight and Entropy feel real and genuine. Like I would much rather chose the chase scene rather than the magic river scene because the former felt more real. So long story short, here's how I feel:

Keep the other ideas, but first flesh out the relationship with Twilight and Discord before you introduce the magic theories and such. We need a solid bond we're invested into between the two characters before we can get into the other parts of the story. Spike's interactions felt rushed and not fully complete, like he still needed to have a talk with Twilight about the whole mess of him being left out. Take his anger and jealously more slowly. Other than that, I don't have much else to say, and would actually love to have you look into one of my new TwiCord stories soon to come out. Thanks!

-Sapphire

Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

5699206 Thanks! This will be sooo helpful with the re-write. :rainbowkiss:

If you want to PM me the story you want reviewed, I'll be happy to read it for ya!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4