Fimfiction API 127 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Working with Google Apps Script, trying to authorize the app, one of the headers I was getting back from /authorize-app included error=invalid_scope. The redirect page was claiming that the state token was invalid or expired.

After investigating the error, I found an issue on the Google Samples GitHub repo for OAuth v1, where it turned out the user's server was truncating the callback url. Since the callback url for a GAS has to be https://script.google.com/macros/d/{Script_ID}/usercallback (and the script id is nearly 60 characters long), a too-long url seems like a reasonable possibility. I swapped my redirect url for a goo.gl url pointing to the same place, and voila! the error=invalid_scope portion of the header was gone.

Obviously, I'm still far from completing my project, but I figured I would bring this issue up, in case it's something fixable on knighty's end, or in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

knighty
Site Owner
Group Admin

To wrap up our chat discussion, I believe this is an issue with Google Apps specifically. We have no limit on redirect URIs and the fact that it seems to be a problem with the OAuth 1 path points to it being their end.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2