Weird Ideas Done Seriously 225 members · 560 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
The SideKick
Group Admin

I'm abusing my power to do something I have never done before, complain about something completely unrelated to pone, namely the atrocity that is this new game. You don't have to encourage me, this is just me yelling into the void to get this all off my chest.

I know that there's only been the one tiny teaser, but it's clear from the one that this new game is taking all it's notes from Sticker Star rather than the original Paper Mario or Thousand Year Door. I can't fathom just where it all went wrong. Well, maybe when they made Super Paper Mario, but I don't know what happened in the background to cause this shift in focus for the Paper Mario series.

It's like I'm experiencing what so many Sonic fans felt when the blue speedster started to lose his pacing, as the two-dimensional plumper starts to get a bit soggy.

With Super Paper Mario they stripped out all RPG elements, FROM A GAME THAT IS PART OF AN RPG SERIES, and instead of the many interesting characters both in the fore-front and to the sides they replace them with blocky easily designable characters, BUT I will say that a lot of them still had intriguing backstories and the story by itself I could get absorbed in whenever I could get past the fact that the gameplay was another MArio platformer with a Paper Mario skin and a 3-D 2-D mechanic.

Sticker Star is where everything that made a Paper Mario game good was stripped away entirely. I could go on about more, but I'm far from the first person make the complaint, I'm here to just yell out my frustration that the one game series that I religiously follow is DYING because Nintendo can't seem to understand that PAPER Mario is not MARIO and doesn't need to have some wacky gimmick to be good, what it needs is HEART, that same kind of heart that at least made Super Paper Mario enjoyable.

But Color Splash shows that for whatever reason Nintendo isn't listening to this niche of their community, leaving me to just smack my head against my desk along with every other Paper Mario fan.

Maybe the Sonic fans can give me some advice on how to deal with the head aches...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1