New Groups 559 members · 303 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Creating groups can be hard, or intimidating. And while there is some great advice for creating groups in general. Sometimes, there's more issues and questions that arise depending on the theme you're going for.

Issues like; If you're creating a group dedicated to shipping a pairing, do you organize the folders based off the length of the stories, genre, or level of risque content? What's the best way to find moderators and admins? How do you advertise your group in other groups that are similar without being intrusive? What kind of threads should be pinned to your group? Did you make the group page clear and concise enough for newcomers to understand, feel welcome, and know the rules? Are said rules too strict or lenient? And how do you deal with the grey areas in the applications to the rules, update the rules page or just settle with leaving it to the moderators and/or yourself to clear things up when they happen?

Reading all this might make creating a new group feel intimidating, but don't worry, just take it one step at time, and if the first issue you encounter feels like it's too confusing to deal with, feel free to voice your questions and concerns groups you're working on here! :twilightsmile:

(Is this pin-worthy, or was I a bit too much here ><)

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

This thread is now a sticky. Good job, 6267430! I'm proud of you. :twilightsmile:

Everypony, feel free to flood OP with your group-creation related questions now. That's what this thread is for. :trixieshiftleft:

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/216652/transhumanism what should I change to make it look normal ?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The front page of the group should generally be more than one line. I'd suggest adding a picture or two, talking about what transhumanism is, and what the group is about.

You don't need the empty "FORUM" thread.

A rules thread and an introduction thread are a good idea, though.

Might not be a bad idea to talk about what type of stories you expect to go in each category in the group, too.

--Sweetie Belle

like this ?

how to make a pretty invitation in a group ?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5