Super Smash Ponies 248 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
ZeroChill
Group Admin

Since getting her on the day of her release, I have been playing with Bayonetta non-stop. She's arguably the most fun character in the game to pilot. She has the undisputed best combo game out of all the characters, and she can easily rack up tons of damage. However, she has the weakest priority in the game and her kill options are tricky to land. There's just so much depth to her that rewards skillful players who invest time into working with her.

Just to give you an idea on what I mean, I discovered that Side B (dive version) -> a single Fair strike -> Side B (standard version in the air) -> Up Air with the starting percent of the opponent being ~118%+ is a kill, but the diving Afterburner Kick has to be sweetspotted for the best results. And yes, I've won matches on 1-on-1 online through that combo.

What do you think of Bayonetta as a Smasher?

5030578 Bayonetta might just be the BEST character in Smash.

Her attacks pay homage to her moves in the game, and her stage, the Clock Tower, is undoubtedly a welcome sight for any and all Bayonetta fans. They even managed to get Fortitudo in the background.

With her, I've powered through All-Star like it was nothing. And with her skills, I've managed to defeat Classic 9.0 (By the skin of my teeth...) and get 100% on the Credits for both of the aforementioned games.

Unfortunately there are some gripes that came with her character. Her voice acting doesn't seem to have the original flair that the games had, and her Final Smash is a little tricky to pull off at times. Witch Time as well is much harder to use as well. Seriously, It's like I'm playing Bayonetta 2 as Jeanne, and need to get the timing absolutely PERFECT to pull it off.

As for the music that came with her stage, I'm a little dissapointed that these songs didn't come with the initial bundle:

* Fly Me to the Moon and Moon River (Climax Version)
* Blood and Darkness (The final battle with Jeanne in Bayonetta 1)
* Aesir (The final boss from Bayonetta 2)
* The songs for all four of the Cardinal Virtues
* You May Call Me Father (WHERE THE HELL IS IT, NINTENDO?! DON'T MAKE ME HAVE TO GO LOOKING FOR IT!
* The Greatest Jubilee
* The Lumen Sage (And Fortitudo) (And Temperantia)
* Alraune, Whisperer of Dementia/Insanity
* Insidious, Consumer of All
* Gomorrah, Devourer of the Divine
* Glamour: In Charm and Allure
* Valor: In Courage and Gallantry
* Ithavoll Building Lower Floors (This song was brilliant for the first game)

As for the stages, I do kinda wish we had more in the near future. I wouldn't mind seeing Vigrid, Noatun, Inferno, or Paradiso... But oh well, Nintendo will get the message eventually...

ZeroChill
Group Admin

I'd say Umbra Clock Tower got off better than Midgar when it comes to music representation though. It might be a bit disappointing, but at least Umbra Clock Tower has songs over Midgar.

Witch Time isn't too hard to pull off, but I hate having to rely on it to get kills. That's why I always either build my opponent's damage percent to 190+% and forward throw them or do that stylized finishing combo I put in the OP.

I've noticed something insane about her combos. Most top tiers have some kind of bread and butter combo (Sheik has down throw -> up air, Zero Suit has down throw -> up air -> up air -> up b, Ryu has weak up tilt -> Shoryuken, etc.) but Bayonetta has a bnb combo as well. It goes heel slide -> up tilt -> up air -> witch twist -> after burner -> after burner -> witch twist -> up air for the kill. And that's a normal combo.

ZeroChill
Group Admin

She has tons of bnbs that can work at many different percentages.

Side B (hold into kick) -> Up B -> Side B -> Side B in opposite direction -> Bair is an extremely powerful opening combo that racks up ~42% damage, and it can be used up until ~78%. For mid-damage and up, you have down-angled Side B -> three Fair strikes, which does ~20% by itself. For the early damage percent, down-angled Side B -> Dair does ~18% (~22% if you hit the sweetspot with the heel).

That's not to forget that her Bullet Climax, as awkward as the angle is, is an incredibly good projectile attack and Witch Twists are just perfect for air combos at most percents. Bayonetta has a crapton of combos that are capable of polarizing the Sm4sh metagame.

TheTrueDragoon
Group Admin

5030578 I've used her a bit and she is a lot of fun. I like her. She has an athletic style of fighting that reminds me of Zero Suit a bit and the use of her guns makes combos really cool.

5030633 I think Fly Me and Moon River didn't make it because of copyright issues.

......there's no excuse for Jubilee tho....

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7