Black Feather Development 23 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Recon777
Group Admin

Hey, everyone. So who remembers back when we were working on the original prologue and there was that little section at the front which was given in omniscient perspective introducing the story?

We ended up scrapping it because it really didn’t fit well with the prologue as-is. But here’s a thought. What about publishing this as a Preface? A preface is a spot where the author provides contextual information introducing a world to the reader before the story begins. It’s not really part of the narrative, but this does seem to fit.

See what you think. I’ve cleaned it up a bit, but it’s 99% the same as what many of you have seen originally.

The idea here would be to publish this as “Preface” and order it first, prior to the Prologue. A preface is usually considered optional reading, but would be there for those who are interested.

Thoughts?

Huh. Neat.
I don’t really have much to say one way or the other. I don’t feel strongly for or against the idea of publishing it. As far as I can tell, it’s mostly grammatically sound. The few places it isn’t, I can recognize particular author choices to write it that way. I’ll let the others critique as they see fit.

Recon777
Group Admin

Decided against it, in favor of revealing these things as the story progresses. I still like the text, but it doesn't really serve the right purpose.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3