Write For Fun, Not Fame 1,245 members · 5,508 stories
Comments ( 61 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 61

3693918 So, this is a place to showcase OCs, eh? Okay, I'm down with that. Lessee here...

Tailspin
Debut Story: The Do Dilemma

Tailspin is a yellow pegasus mare with a knack for dangerous aviation and a passion for dangerous adventure. She's a student at the Royal Canterlot University, and her favorite subject is Archeology with Daring Do. In fact, she would love nothing more than to go on an adventure with Daring. However, she's an adrenaline junkie and a klutz, which is rarely a healthy combination. She also doesn't use her brain quite as often as she should.

Before we knew that Daring Do was an actual pony, I designed Tailspin with the intention of making her the Scootaloo to Daring's Rainbow Dash. That comparison still holds true, as Tailspin tries to impress her mentor at all times, even when she goes in over her head. I like Tailspin because she demonstrates that you can insert an OC into a canon character's life without making them too intrusive or head-scratching.

Needles
Debut Story: Deserts and Dragons

Needles is a dragon desperado from the Mild West. She hails from a clan known as the Dragon Magi; a mystical clan of dragons that are said to be wise and helpful. When Needles couldn't handle the pressure of not having all the answers, she ran off into the desert and became an outlaw. It took the inspirational naïveté of four young fillies to remind her of her virtues, but even now, she still struggles with living up to them. She's a sassy, no-nonsense girl with a sharp mind and a good heart. Nevertheless, she fears three simple words above all else (well, one is a contraction, so maybe four words): I don't know.

I find Needles to be a very relatable character because I have often found myself drifting day to day with minimal consideration for my goals and ambitions. I also get frustrated and freeze when I don't have a clear-cut answer to any given problem. However, I don't consider Needles to be a self-insert. I'm not nearly as sassy as she is. :ajsmug:

(I know this is an old thread but anyway)

My favorite OCs:

From my story Kingdom of Avia:

Storm because she is not very nice- she's a thief, bounty hunter, and all-around troublemaker. However, she has strong loyalties and is very brave. She's a black-and-white pinto traditional unicorn, and a wild horse rather than a pony.

Skaydi because she is pretty mean and sadistic, and crazed for revenge. She's a loyal friend, but a terrifying enemy. She's the daughter of a hippogriff and pegasus- has griffin claws, more feathers than a normal pegasus, and has a pegasus-like build, though stronger than a normal pegasus. She's also part wild horse rather than part pony. Her fur's white with markings like a snowy owl.

Ironhoof because she's very calm and peaceful. While she's not fond of violence, she is willing to do whatever it takes to protect her friends and her home. She's a smoky black unicorn metalsmith, with the most focus on swords and armor. Like Storm, she is a wild horse rather than pony.

From my story The Eighth Sea:

Nisse because she's a tough scrapper and very bold. She's a viking caribou. Loyal to her friends, terrifying as an enemy. Tends to choose fighting over any other method of conflict resolution.

Azurel because she's so gentle and wise. She is pretty much a pacifist, preferring not to fight if there is any way around it. She's a quadrupedal blue dragon who breathes ice and water rather than fire.

From my story Dr. Bobtail:

The title character Bobtail because he is an arrogant jerk and a coward. He's a blue pony unicorn with a draft-like build and the Greek letter psi as a cutie mark. He's a psychiatrist but hates his job, and has a tendency to hide under his desk if a patient spooks him. If he gets really spooked, he runs home and hides under his bed. He's just fun to write for!

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 61