OC Port 65 members · 86 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

Never saw this here yet, so I decided to step up.
Tips to making an OC (or show OC's and get some ideas)

I'll give my tips.
1. Give your OC a personality.
2. Think of your race, no matter what it is. (give reason for being an Alicorn)
3. As Follow Focus will say, Character Development
4. Pick a look.

If you all have tips, share please.

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

When I make an OC, I feel that one of the most important things to do is make sure you are happy with him/her/it.

I feel this is important because the bottom line is this is your character, one hundred percent, and no one can honestly say you are wrong for making it.

Trust me, if you like your creation, then don't let other's words rattle your cage, because to do so is to doubt your own handy work.

Now, that being said, it isn't wrong to take other's thoughts, and opinions into consideration either. Just don't let their ideas override your vision to the point that you just hate it, and then give up.

To quote the Oracle of Delphi;
"Moderation in all things."

3727229 I like the OC I made. Most of the ones that have seen him have made some suggestions while others not as much.

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

Did the ones that made suggestions help make your character better, or were they just unnecessary add ons?

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

Also, out of curiosity, just why is it Alicorn OCs are such a taboo on this site?

If it is because of something as silly as possible brokenness then that is just outrageous, because I have seen some OCs that are so grossly over powered they belong in DC Comics, and they were usually Unicorns.

3727362 it usually just depends. I can't fully explain it.

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

Well then what are your personal feelings on Alicorn OCs?

3727398 I feel that even they can turn out well if given the chance. I'm working on an OC story which has the OC as an Alicorn.
I have nothing against them unless they turned into OP Mary Sues/Gary Stu's and all that.

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

I agree, and I'm glad to hear that someone else is making an Alicorn OC too. Though I'm really pushing the envelope by making an entire OC story with the main character, side characters, and the background characters all being Alicorns.

3727426 maybe an old Alicorn Empire. I mean there had to be more cause of Celestia and Luna.

My Alicorn's are from another place, meaning no one knows anything about them. Are they Gods, no. The main thing they really share with Celestia and Luna is immortality, but other than that, their skills at everything aren't at par with them yet.

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

Cool.

Funny you should say "empire," because my story is based heavily on Greek Mythology.

See my main character, "Alabasta," is a servant of the Sky God; Head Deity of this story's pantheon. Long story short she has to win back his favor by defending his temple from an invading hoard without the aid of her enchanted artifacts bestowed to her by the Sky God. Fortunately the other Gods, taking pity on her, grant their assistance from time to time.

There is more to it, but that is the idea in a nutshell.

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

I hope so, but anything can happen between writing it and posting it.

Your characters are interesting as well, and the vagueness they possess gives you so many options; "The Skies the limit," as they say.

3727497 need to see the chapter to the story to learn a bit more about the main OC?

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

I'm sorry, but is that really a question, or you meant to have period at the end, but put a question mark instead?

3727562 it's a question. I just say things different than others.

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

Oh, I see.

Well, not to offend, but what is it that you are asking exactly?

3727582 I was wondering if you wanted to see chapter one of the OC story I'm doing. :pinkiesmile:

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

Sure, but I wouldn't have time to read it right now. Got work in the morning, and all that jazz. I was actually about to go to sleep, and then this conversation happened; funny world we live in.

3727623 :eeyup:
I'll PM it to you and you can look when you get a chance.

CelestialKnight79
Group Admin

Okay, I will be sure to get back to you without any reasonable delay.

:twilightsmile:
Until then, good evening.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22