We Like To Rant 27 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
superpony55
Group Admin

I find that color-coding my rants makes them easier to read. Why is that? That's what this rant is about.
First of all, I indent my paragraphs during a rant, instead of double-entering it. That makes it look neater (neater as in nicer, not cooler), and easier to read. Rants are long, so they seem to look better in paragraphs. Longer sections of text look better in paragraphs. Don't you guys agree?
I also like to color code it. Readers are less likely to think the rant is "too long to read" if it's color-coded. Color-coding makes it look like its less text than it is, meaning people will actually read your rant, instead of merely skipping through it.
Plus, it looks nicer in general when it is color coded. :raritywink:
Oh, and you don't have stop at the end of the rainbow. I just have coincidentally. You can repeat colors, or add other colors like teal and pink! :twilightsmile:
That's it for now! I may add more later. But basically, I like to color-code and indent my rants to make them easier to read, as well as more appealing. What about you guys? What do you do to make your rants easier to read?

3625984 Well, I don't like the color. It's distracting and too silly. I just want to let loose about whatever bothers me and right now the color is what bothers me. Why use all the colors? This is a rant not an art project. None of it is even necessary. What are you even color coding? Each sentence? I still see a bunch of words and the color only gives me more of a headache. Just because there's color doesn't make it any easier to read, in fact it makes it harder.

Sorry. You just made that way too easy. I could not resist. I really don't care what you do but I just had to.

superpony55
Group Admin

Right. I color each paragraph.

3625984 Should we use certain colors for certain parts of our rant?

LIKE IF IN ONE PART WE GET REALLY REALLY ANGRY

And then in another part we quiet down a little

Or to show that we're moving onto another topic or idea

Or does it just not matter and we can use whatever colors we want, whenever we want, as long as it's not the same color as the paragraph before or after it?

It might help us to clarify certain points, but then again I might just be overthinking this. :twilightblush:

Or you could just break it up with the enter button.

Like this.

This works just as well.

superpony55
Group Admin

I like that idea! :pinkiehappy:

Colour-coding rants is an exercise in self-sabotage.

Want to make a serious rant? Have it in regular letters, let the message speak for itself.

Or, use 7 colours and 3 fonts and look like a kid's old myspace page. Man, I remember myspace... I laughed at it and used piczo or whatever instead.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7