Story Standards 268 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
PrinceUniversa
Group Contributor

Apparently I needed to review something first to be certain, Hailspider, hope you're seeing this... Okay then, since this is my first review in who knows how long. Let's see if I still have it in me or I've gotten rusty in my last years of me being a critic. Of course I want to give a little of my touch on this so might as well. Let us begin then shall we?

The Princess Court by Thespia-Rose
1,110 Words
Genre: Crossover, Human, Slice of Life

Grammar: 7/10
Grammar is okay in the story at hand. I doubled checked to see if there were any spelling errors during the read and so far none that I’ve spotted so that’s in the clear. However, the switched perspectives while okay to an extent were rather sudden sometimes leaving me to guess who was speaking at times. There were also a few sentences that didn’t make sense due to a missing word or something to expand upon the sentence.
Characterization: 8.5/10
The characters are in their canon selves for the most part, though there are some things that left me question the validity of their canon traits. For example, Twilight running away from a meeting in tears. Correct me if I’m wrong but I can never remember one episode that did that. I mean sure I could contribute it to stress but otherwise I’m blank as to that reaction.
Use of Canon: 7/10
As said above, the characters were in canon for the most part. The Disney princesses may count too if memory serves me right. There were a few times although small, where I question whether they were truly in character or not…
Consistency: 6.5/10
For the most part, the plot is rather simple. A meeting with princesses from different worlds talking about how one should go to being a princess and handing out advice for their schools. It’s simple enough in words if the plot stayed on it. The story is okay on it but this story should probably have more words, more events to make it shine. The story has something worth going for it, but with it being short, I can’t give it a good score due to events being sudden within the short words.
Coherence: 5/10
The flow was a mix bag throughout the read. It stays on flow for a few moments then cuts off for an event that, while has importance to the story, was rather sudden. With the number of words in it, it doesn’t help that the flow can get cut off easily in such a short story.

35/50 = 70% Rejected

I am sorry Thespia-Rose but this story, while does have potential, majorly needs some improvements. I did love reading it though no lies there. I know that you can do better at most, just keep on improving and I’m sure there’s going to be a story I will give a happy grade on! Now with that said, I want someone to leave some final words for me. Say hello to Elimo for me, want to give some advice?

Elimo: Sure! Don’t give up yet Thespia-Rose! I’m sure you’ll get a chance to shine in here! As someone who loves to absorb knowledge and am quite a bookworm myself, hehe! I know you can improve yourself! Just keep on moving forward not wavering from the writing journey you set forward! I wish you the best of luck!

hailspider
Group Admin

4873178 I'd say your grammar score's a bit too high, but you did a good job! :pinkiesmile: You are now an official group reviewer.

PrinceUniversa
Group Contributor

4873232 Huzzah! The joy of reviewing a story has spoken to me once again! I forgotten how fun is it to give criticism to an author in need, of course I know that I have to be serious about the reviews, but sometimes, I can't help but let a bit of fun escape and smile about it. I'm kind of optimistic if I think about it :twilightsheepish:

With that said, on to the next story to review! :yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3