Story Standards 268 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Title: The Path I Tread by Smaug the golden

Genre: Sad, Dark

Wordcount: 2,813

Grammar: 9/10

This story although it has not given any difficulty to read there a few punctuation errors or missing commas within a few sentences throughout this story that's holding me from giving the grammar aspect of this story a ten out of ten scoring.

For example, <em>"The hands of time tick ever forward and I cannot stop their relentless ticking."</em> In this sentence, there was suppose to be a comma after the word 'forward' for the reason of two independent clauses or two independent thoughts joined together.

But other than those small issues, I find that the grammar went smooth for both chapters of the story. For the reader, you definitely won't have much issues reading through this story. You will like it.

Characterization: 10/10

The characterization was definitely done well. I would even go so far as to saying if I could imagine any Discord being written any close to the show canon I would say this story definitely did a good job at doing just that. Both Discord and Tirek were written good in this story. Their dialogue not straying away a bit from their overall character.

I feel this author really thought deeply when writing Discord for this story. He got what he would think if were in a post-apocalyptic scenario that would involve him being... I mean feeling responsible for not stopping "the end" or "that fateful day" as quoted from the story. I can imagine Discord thinking the things he did in this story. Characterization again was done really well for this story.

Use of show canon: 8/10

This is where my problem comes in. The use of show canon was also done okay in my opinion. This story takes place after the final episode of Season 4 for with Tirek being the main enemy of the season finale. However, this story is missing the Alternate Universe tag because this is also a story of how it would have ended had it not been for Twilight and her friends getting the key to unlock the powers needed to defeat Tirek.

So that's my only reason for not giving this aspect of the story a full ten out of ten. The AU tag I feel is most felt and needed in this story.

Plot consistency: 10/10

There were no inconsistency in the plot of this story. It was more reflection about the after effects of what had happened, so there really not much to draw from this aspect of the story.

Use of OCs: 0/10 (No Grade) There were no use of OCs in this story.

Coherence: 10/10

Absolutely coherent. The story had great flow and off an idea that I never really thought of before. I personally like when an idea is taken from the canon show and altered into brilliance. There was no part in the story where I read the idea of the story being steered away from its overall plot. So no, definitely no incoherent parts in this story.

Overall Score: 47/50 or 94%

Writing this review was definitely an experience for me. An experience in which I hope to get better at as time goes by. Thank you all for reading this review, and I hope it was fitting enough for this group. Thank you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1