Nonpareil Fiction 286 members · 273 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Twi-Fi
Group Admin

Under a Tree
By: Noble Thought

Granny Smith is injured, and Applejack isn’t at the hospital with the rest of her family, but under a giant oak tree on Sweet Apple Acres.

While this story really digs deep into Applejack’s character and backstory, it also deals with Fluttershy’s struggle with what the kind thing to do is. Being brutally honest or not? Fluttershy doesn’t say a lot, but this story shows she holds a lot back. Instead she lets Applejack come to terms with her own fear of the unknown by telling the story of the first tree she’s ever planted with her father, and it all ties together very well.

The tree is a symbolic representation of the deeply rooted strength the Apple family has for each other, despite the tragedy that surrounds the family and the possible tragedy looming on the horizon. It’s also a representation of Applejack's emotional strength. A very well chosen symbol.

This story is paced well, with just the right amount of emotion to connect the reader with the characters without going overboard with it—everything I’d want to find in a slice of life story.

Thank you, Twi-Fi, for the glowing review. I'm glad you enjoyed this story so much.

4317641 Nice review, makes me want to read the story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3