Block Breakers 243 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
PiercingSight
Group Admin

This is the thread in which we post questions designed to help you get your creativity muscle flexing. Obviously there is no right answer to any of these, but they're here just to give you ideas. These are updated frequently.

What kind of feathers (if feathers) fill pillows in equestria? And if not feathers?
Mayor Mare decides to start up a small shop. What product or service is sold there?
What is Celestia's and Luna's favorite game to play together?
Based on the strange correlation between names and cutie marks: Do ponies change their name after receiving their mark/talent? Or does their name influence their mark/talent? Or are they named by fortune tellers? Or perhaps something else?
Why do ponies wear saddles in Equestria?
What if a unicorn tried to levitate himself/herself?
What if Derpy's vision isn't impaired, but rather enhanced (X-Ray vision, Night vision, Can see the future, etc.)?
Teleporting: Is it safe? Is it really the spell-caster that ends up on the other side, or is it cloning and zapping away the original (zapped away kinda like how Twilight zapped the Pinkie clones)?
What other sort of evil boss creatures exist in Equestria? (like Discord, Sombra, Tirek, Chrysalis, NMM, etc.)
What is the most frequent injury treated in equestrian doctor's offices?

3704690 well for the unicorn teleportation, it would make them fly for a short amount of time, but would severely drain their magic.

PiercingSight
Group Admin

*levitation?

1) Some Pegasi volunteer to give feathers for pillows, and whenever their feathers fall off they're asked to give them to a store, and they'll receive a coupon. Some Pegasi opt to make their own pillows or use their feathers as quills instead. And when Pegasi die, their feathers are donated to a place that makes pillows, as it is Equestrian law. :pinkiecrazy: Or they just use stuffing.

2) Mayor Mare would start a mane dye shop.

3) Hide and seek. Alicorns like them? They are very good at hiding. And they enjoy building a snowman, too. :raritywink:

4) I've thought about this one a lot. I guess ponies show their personality right from the beginning, and some parents name their children after their personalities (hence Fluttershy, Rarity). Other parents give their children family names (Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie). Others name their children off of what they look like (Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash). And some parents just give their kids cool-sounding names (Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy).

5) They don't usually, but one time somepony went to the Equestria Girls universe, and saw horses with saddles, and it became a fashion statement.

6) Nopony has tried it, it would be too dangerous.

7) It could be. Maybe her vision is bad because she can see the future, like in Greek Mythology.

8) It's safe. Otherwise Twilight wouldn't remember anything about her past.

9) What if there was a Voldemort-like figure?

10) Hurt wings. Especially if they live in Ponyville.

6) in pre-war times yes. But after the war yes, and on multiple times.

PiercingSight
Group Admin

8) And if the clone carries the same memories as you?

They couldn't control it and killed themselves crashing into a wall.

Then it wouldn't be like the Pinkie clones, they didn't carry Pinkie's memories.

3705989 something tells me you haven't read the original fallout Equestria.

PiercingSight
Group Admin

No, I was saying that killing the original works like zappin the pinkie clones, not that the cloning works like the pinkie clones. :P

I'll fix that.

PiercingSight
Group Admin

Hehe. When I was reading FoE for the first time, I thought that lil' Pip was a colt for the first few chapters. I just assumed that the "she"s and "her"s were refering to some other character, or were a typo, until I realized that it was occuring too frequently at some points for it to be so.

Boy was that a surprise when I finally figured it out! XD

1) Other than the traditional bird feathers, Pegasi, Griffon, and Hippogriff feathers are used. A popular alternative is the cloud pillow (a specially made and enchanted cloud in enchanted fabric).

2) Parchment.

3) Chess.

4) Although it is not unheard of for Ponies to change their name to better suit their talent and Cutie Mark, most of the time their name and mark match as is. Many believe it is some form of parental instinct that allows such names to exist.

5) Most Equestrians don't know of the true origin or even the purpose of saddles. The saddle was, in fact, copied from the designs of the battle barding of Taja, the noble companion of The Magnus, which was designed to allow the two to ride into battle together.

6) Self-levitation is one of the most difficult forms of magic and can often result in sprains, strains, and even dislocated limbs, not to mention mana burns on the horn due to aetheric feedback. The practice is so difficult that the last know Pony to successfully do so was none other than Starswirl the Bearded.

7) Derpy (or Ditzy, as I prefer to call her) would probably have telescopic vision, which also hinders her flight due to her lack of control (you've tried walking around while looking through binoculars? It ain't easy.)

8) Teleporting is actually quite safe, seeing as all sanctioned teleport spells have built-in failsafes in order to ensure you don't wind up getting stuck in something or (Elysium forbid) someone, or having part of you in one place and another part in another (like Pinky in the Doom movie). It's not so much matter transference as it is a extremely short-lived tunnel through the aetheric field.

9) A single drop of The Smooze is said to exist, but no one knows where.
Squirk and Crank were the first beings to be turned to stone by the Elements of Harmony; they're currently being guarded by the Seaponies.
Grogar, after losing his bell and thus his power, was rendered as weak and sickly looking as Tirek was, he still have his immortality and is currently wandering the land, along side his equally immortal servant, Bray, in search of the bell.
Arabus, after escaping and attempting to regain his power, was scattered across the four winds by the biggest Utter Flutter in history.
The original Princess Ponies destroyed Lavan, all but one shard that was sent flying during the battle. The shard is said to reside in a part of The Frozen North so cold that even fire turns to ice.
Somnambula died of old age, but her ghost still wanders the land, seeking a way to return to life as the young woman she once was, or, failing that, finding a young, beautiful body to possess.
Catrina died of old age after a life dedicated to the study of alchemical medicine. She was survived by two sons, a daughter, and her grandchildren. Currently no one knows of their fate, but rumors of cat-like beings in secluded forests are reported to this day.
The original Hydia, Draggle, and Reeka passed on long ago, but now three outcast Unicorns, a mother and her two daughters, bear their names and vow to succeed where they failed.

10) Sprains, broken bones, magical exhaustion, and mana burns are the four most frequent injuries treated.

6) You are right about the first couple parts, it will strain you, it will fizzle your Magic. But, Starswirl wasn't the only one, if you read Fallout Equestria, you would know different.

PiercingSight
Group Admin

FoE is not canon... you know this right? This thread is for people to say what they think it might be. There is no right or wrong answer. :rainbowderp:

3707461 I was going by my head canon. But now that you mentioned it, I just remembered that Pumpkin Cake was able to self-levitate in Baby Cakes, much to Pinkie's chagrin., of course that was just a magical spurt, which I'm going to assume is the Equestrian equivalent to teething.

Not to self-advertise here, but did you guys read my response to the original Brain Provoking Queries?

3707737 well, until we see an episode of MLP which shows war with Zebra's and the war doesn't end with Equestria being destroyed, FoE is canon for me.

3707959 What does that mean? Don't really speak "leet", or whatever it's called.

3708219 look at my comment above that.

PiercingSight
Group Admin

That is fine, but please don't go correcting other people. We're here to be creative and open minded, not argue about what is or isn't correct canon. :pinkiesmile:

Whatever answers you put are for your benefit more than for ours, though we can gain benefit as well. :twilightsmile:

3708250 sorry 'bout that, sometimes I get a little stubborn and idiotic.

PiercingSight
Group Admin

Thank you!

A new set of questions is coming soon. So stay tuned!

1. What kind of feathers (if feathers) fill pillows in equestria? And if not feathers?
Hmm, geese?
2.Mayor Mare decides to start up a small shop. What product or service is sold there?
Hats, or hair dye. Actually, Make it a hair salon.
3. What is Celestia's and Luna's favorite game to play together?
As children, they played hide and seek in the old castle. Nowadays, they mostly just like to be by the fireplace and read next to each other
4. Based on the strange correlation between names and cutie marks: Do ponies change their name after receiving their mark/talent? Or does their name influence their mark/talent? Or are they named by fortune tellers? Or perhaps something else?
Sometimes cutie marks ARE based on the names themselves, combined with the pony's talent. Otherwise, sheer coincidence
5. Why do ponies wear saddles in Equestria?
As a reminder of the days of old, when humans and ponies lived in harmony together
6. What if a unicorn tried to levitate himself/herself?
If he/she is advanced enough, they'll succeed
7. What if Derpy's vision isn't impaired, but rather enhanced (X-Ray vision, Night vision, Can see the future, etc.)?
Derpy is a blind prophet; her "derp" eye allows her to see future events, or something going on elsewhere.
8. Teleporting: Is it safe? Is it really the spell-caster that ends up on the other side, or is it cloning and zapping away the original (zapped away kinda like how Twilight zapped the Pinkie clones)?
The spell caster is simply teleported from point A to Point B
9. What other sort of evil boss creatures exist in Equestria? (like Discord, Sombra, Tirek, Chrysalis, NMM, etc.)
At least one other Draconequus out there, plus whatever's locked up in Tatarus
10. What is the most frequent injury treated in equestrian doctor's offices?
Injured/Broken legs and/or wings

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23