ReadingSins 429 members · 645 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Everything Wrong With

How I Lived in Equestria (if you haven't been paying attention, this is part 5)

By Godson

Spoilers!

Duh...

He slowly made his way back inside his house once his marefriend was far enough from his field of view. He stepped into his bedroom, and surveyed the contents of his room. From the time he’s spent in Equestria so far, he just now realized how barren his room seemed to be. The only noticeable things in his room were his bed, a dresser holding an alarm clock and a lamp on top, and his closet door a few feet away from his bed.

Huh, I was expecting you to have a picture of Dash somewhere in the room but apparently not. 1

As Godson walked back home from another day of work. He looked around his surroundings, ponies casually treated the human as if he was one of their own, at this point, despite him being taller than everyone.

Didn't you already tell us this? 2

“Godson, I might be a tiny bit late, there’s a soft storm we have scheduled in a few days, and we’re getting most of our clouds ready ahead of time. So don’t just sit there and bore yourself to death until I get back. I’ll find you whenever I’m done. ~Dash”

"tiny bit" 3

Well. He could always visit Applejack… But after the whole “f—buck a tree” incident, he’d rather not.

HAH! He's still screwing it up after all this time! 4

Rarity seemed like another decent choice, and then remembered the pink “I <3 Ponyville” shirt he was forced to wear until she made more suitable clothes. And he'd rather not go through something like that again.

It's not like she's going to make you a "I <3 my waifu" shirt or anything. 5

He could always visit Pinkie—

We'd all prefer if you didn't. 6

Fluttershy probably wouldn’t mind the visit...but would her animals?

Oh yeah, didn't you mention something about her animals looking like they were about to rape you in the first story? 7

Twilight looked over to the door behind her, upon realizing who her visitor was, she closed a book she had levitating in front of her.

“Godson?” Twilight cocked her head to the side. “What brings you here?”

He's obviously here so he can test another spell for you. 8

“Do you wanna test a spe—”

“After the whole thing with Lyra? Yeah, no...”

Oh right, I almost forgot about that. 9

“I told you already, I’m just bored.” Godson shrugged. “Dash is still caught up at work, so I came to see what you were up to. Maybe you were doing something interesting that could calm my boredom for a while.”

Explain interesting. 10

“Well, perhaps you could help me figure out this spell…”

“What’s it do?”

“Well. It’s a work in progress, but in theory, it should allow the caster to transform his-or-herself, or any other willing subject into any being. Of course, there are a few exceptions and limitations of the spell, but they’re not that important.”

>spell turns Godson into pony
>spell backfires
>he's now a f*cking dinosaur
That's what I think of when she says "a few exceptions and limitations".

Godson grabbed his glasses from his face, folding one arm, and folding the other one at the neck of his shirt, allowing it to hang from there.

I sh*t you not, I completely forgot he had glasses. I guess that's what happens when you only mention them a few times. 12

He slowly reached his arms over to the book to grab it.

“Don’t touch the book. Just look at it.” Twilight interrupted.

Yeah man, it has to stay in mint condition! 13

He looked at the alicorn, and blinked. Raising an eyebrow, his hands fell back down to their normal position, and he leaned over slightly to get a better look at the book. Examining the page, he could see a lot of foreign symbols, jumbled letters, and, strangely, some math.

“There’s this one equation that’s bugging me. It’s supposed to fit with all the spell’s parts, but it just… doesn’t.” Twilight groaned. “Maybe you could figure it ou—”

“Ew, math.” Godson looked up to the alicorn. “Sorry, can’t really help ya there.”

Godson shrugged, grabbing his glasses from his shirt, and placed them back where they belong. “So, speaking of magic… Is there a way to not get completely screwed over by it?”

Twilight tilted her head. “What do you mean?”

I don't know why, but there's this one song that just won't stop playing in my head after reading this. 15

“Well. You girls are always saving Equestria from nearly everything. If I were to get in the middle of it, say, perhaps I was kidnapped, and the kidnapper knew how to use magic, I’d be screwed.” Godson crossed his arms. “They could literally just zap any information out of me.”

Twilight scoffed. “We’d get you out of there before they even dare try.”

“And what if you can’t?” Godson queried. “What if you girls had to focus on something more important than saving me? Or if you would get there just a little late? Anything can happen, Twilight.”

Is this a foreshadow of a conflict in Equestria that none of us are aware about? The world may never know. But then again, the world wouldn't care anyways. 16

“So, could you help me?”

Twilight thought on the human’s request for a moment, then slowly nodded. “Yeah. I’ll help.”

“Great, I’ll come by everyday after work, and we can work on that?”

“Sure, that’ll work.” Twilight nodded once more.

This goes against Dash's wishes. 17

Dash chuckled softly. “I know, I was expecting to be there only for a good ten, maybe fifteen minutes. But they kept taking forever…”

“And I assume this cold temperature is your doing?”

Dash shook her head. “Pegasi control weather, not temperature.”

“Isn’t they the same thing?”

Was that intentional or accidental? I can't tell so SIN! 18

Dash chuckled softly, then shivered at the cold breeze that had suddenly rushed to her. “Yeah, I see what you mean. It’s getting colder even as we speak… I might have to fly real quick to my house and grab a sweater or something…”

“You sure?” Godson raised an eyebrow. “What if there was another way of staying warm?”

“And that is...?” Dash cocked her head to the side.

“We... could share my jacket...”

Yeah, but it'd be awkward and stuff. 19

Godson shrugged. “Easy.” He kneeled over, and grabbed his marefriend, pulling her close for a kiss. Having been caught off guard, Dash simply hummed softly in curiosity, but then quickly shrugged it off as she wrapped her hooves around the human, closed her eyes, and pushed back into the kiss.

She could hear a soft zip, but she paid no mind to it, and focused on the matter at hoof.

IT'S A TRAP! 20

“So. This is how you plan on sharing your jacket?” Dash raised an eyebrow. “You’re gonna stretch out your jacket, and then Rarity’s gonna kill you.”

If Rarity even appears in the story. 21

“Maybe…” Dash’s smile slowly grew larger. “I just hope you’re fine with me bringing Tank over.”

“Sure, I don’t mind.” Godson shrugged. “We’ll stop by on our little walk.”

“Great!” Dash cheered. “Now, uh, could you let go of me? I don’t, uh, wanna be seen like this out in the public.”

“Hm?” Godson hummed softly, walking out the door to his house. “No can do, Dashie.”

RIP Dashie's rep 22

Dash quickly tried to escape from the human’s trap, using any movement she could make in an attempt to get out of the jacket.

“Nnnn~! Godson! Let me go!”

“Stop squirming, Dash…” Godson muttered softly. “You’ll draw attention, and then they’ll think I’m foal-napping you or something…”

Yeah Dash, stop making things so dramatic! 23

The human looked down at the soothed mare, pausing his walk. He reached a hand over to her, and caressed her head softly, earning a soft hum of approval. She lifted her head, and looked back at him with a soft smile. Noticing how relaxed the mare was, he brought his lips closer to hers, and slowly kissed her. While Godson was aware of where he was standing, it seemed as if Rainbow had completely forgotten they were out walking. As she lovingly hummed as she felt his lips caress against hers.

Activate uncomfortable and awkward staring! 24

Once she was able to stretch her wings, she flew up to her house, leaving him to wait outside.

He zipped up his jacket once more, knowing he wouldn’t be able to pull the same trick again. After a few minutes, he could hear the door close. Dash flew back down to the ground, with her turtle, who also flew with her thanks to his magic helicopter rotor.

“‘Kay, let’s go.” Dash said. “It’s freakin’ cold out here, the sooner we get back, the sooner I can wrap myself in some blankets…”

Why didn't you just take a sweater like you said you would earlier in the chapter?

Godson nodded, and swiftly began making his walk back home.

“Actually, Godson…?”

He stopped in his tracks, and turned around.

“...Is there still room for me in that jacket?”

Oh yeah, that's why. 25

“I can’t believe the movie ended like that! That’s not at all how I expected it to go!” Dash walked into the bedroom.

“I know, right?” Godson replied, walking in behind her. “Bah, it wasn’t that bad of an ending, though.”

“They literally left it at that cliffhanger just so they could make a sequel!” Dash countered.

Oh come on! It's a solid technique in the movie industry! 26

“Well. If it’s so empty without you, maybe you should move in with me.” Godson joked.

Dash slowly went wide-eyed. “...Are you asking me to move in with you?”

“Huh?” Godson raised an eyebrow, only to quickly shrug. “I was just joking. I mean, if you want to…”

Apparently no one knows when Godson is joking and when he's serious. 27

Total Sin Count: 27
Sentence: A jacket for two. (and a whole lot of staring)

“Isn’t they the same thing?”

Wha...

I honestly don't remember... leaving that error...

How did I not... notice that error...

...Huh? :rainbowderp:

5048684 Whaaa...when did that error slip through... :pinkiegasp:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3