Writing Challenges 14 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
deli73
Group Admin

So, as many of you probably have gathered, this group is very new.
That said, I'm not completely sure exactly what this is going to be like. I really need some feedback about how you all think this group should be run. Specifically, when and how contests can be posted, and who can post them. On the one hand, allowing anyone to post said contests will make the contests a lot more diverse and interesting, and that's always great. However, I'm reluctant to do this because it could result in a bit of a flood of them, in rather inconsistent frequency, which would be rather confusing for everyone, new and old members alike (that said, at this point, everyone's technically new, even me). There's also in-between options such as limiting the frequency of contest-posting, or only allowing suggestions and giving me the final word. None of these seem like perfect ideas to me, and I really want to know what you think.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Questions?

Maybe you should start off with a theme of the week writing challenge? I would have said month but July is nearly over. Then after the first contest, the winners are allowed to come up the new writing contests?

deli73
Group Admin

3487541 I like that idea!

...or only allowing suggestions and giving me the final word.

I kinda like this one.

deli73
Group Admin

3487541 Honestly, if we're going to put out a challenge every week, I'm thinking the due date should still be a month later, or even more, just to give the writers time to finish their stories. 5 or 6 weeks, maybe?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6