The Sirens 1,346 members · 1,184 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I'm contemplating a fic in which the Rainbooms are no longer able to pony up for a contrived reason, but a new threat is coming for Canterlot High. In the AU, Friendship Games and Legend of the Everfree are nonexistent, but Twilight is still as unreachable as she was in Friendship Games.

Anyway, the question I'm wondering is what I should make the Sirens' cousins. Considering they stem from Greek Mythology, I figured we can keep the cycle going, so I thought either gorgons or some kind of succubae. Or I could literally just mix the Gorgons and Succubae together so that the new predators were also emotivores, but still dangerous.

Succubae sound highly interesting.

So do gorgons, I think the fact they can steal or feed of emotions would be awesome, but if they feed off all in a person, maybe that person turns to stone or something?

I was trying to figure out how to incorporate that! Thank you so much! I'm still iffy on whether I want them to be tragic villains like the changelings or selfish ones like Tirek... Or if they could come completely in peace and everyone just assumes they're evil... so many options.

Either way, thanks for helping with that. :twilightsmile: I always loved the turned to Stone dynamic.

your welcome.

well if they are diff from the sirens, they might be more darker than them, so selfish?

or you could have them, not want to be evil, yet out of hunger etc, could be forced to feed on the mortals.

That second one is what I considered. Like, how CHS was super critical of Sunset in Rainbow Rocks? They're likely to look at new students with suspicion, but the Gorgons need to feed (because emotivores similar to changelings) and don't deserve the treatment because they haven't even done anything yet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5