The Sirens 1,346 members · 1,184 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

In Bram Stoker's 1897 novel Dracula, there is a certain scene where Jonathan Harker runs into three Vampire sisters known as the Brides of Dracula. They attempt to seduce and then feed upon him, but are stopped by the Count then and there.

Reading this scene, the Dazzlings came to mind.

Firstly (and obviously), the Brides of Dracula (BoD for short) attempt to seduce Harker and then drink blood and do other Vampire stuff. Sirens, both in mythology and Rainbow Rocks, seduce their victims with their songs to either kill them (in the original Greek legends) or feed on their negative emotions (Rainbow Rocks). The BoD were mentioned to be very seductive in Thor movements and actions, and the Sirens were as well (especially in the Let's Have A Battle song number).

Secondly, the BoD are given some physical features. One of them was said to be blonde, while the other two had dark hair. Aria and Sonata have darker-colored hair, purple and blue respectively (granted, Sonata's hair is a lighter blue, but you get my point). Adagio has lighter hair, which we can associate with "blonde". The blonde Bride was also said to have been rather defiant and dominating , like Adagio ("MY LEAD!" comes to mind).

Finally (and this is a short point), the BoD (especially the blonde Bride) often talk about how the Count doesn't love them at all, since he cannot love. This implies that they might have some sort of want to be loved, or perhaps...adored. See where I'm going?

What are your thoughts? Have I stumbled onto an interesting parallel, or am I just trying to make connections where none exist?

I've actually drawn a few similar connections myself, but for the purposes of a running gag about the three of them being mistaken for vampires in a few chapters of a story not to be published for quite some time. Still a fun bit of food for thought, though. :derpytongue2:

Yaaaaas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3