The Sirens 1,346 members · 1,184 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So, I noticed something a bit interesting. In the movie, as we know, Sonata Dusk is ditzy, goofy, cheerful, and an all-around ray of sunshine who happens to also be vaguely evil. And unfortunately, she never wore her awesome Kamina glasses.

The toy version of Sonata does have those glasses, but I also noticed that in pictures of the box art, she looks like… well, like a bit of a badass. Until the Siren’s introductory clip was released, I never could have guessed that she would turn out to be so huggable.

So with that noted, here’s the story idea: After their defeat by the Rainbooms, the Dazzlings return to wherever they’re staying, and Adagio pulls out a pair of pink glasses from a heavily-locked chest, and tells Sonata to put them on. Sonata is rather against the idea, and even Aria seems a bit scared, but Adagio finally convinces the latter that this is the only way to get their powers back, and she reluctantly gets Sonata to put them on. (Not necessary, but I wouldn’t say no to some Arisona shipping here)

Upon donning the glasses, Sonata’s entire demeanor changes. It’s still her, more or less, but she is now more cunning and cruel than even Adagio and Aria, and after sneeringly laying out Adagio’s failures before her, takes over leadership to begin a plan to restore their power.

That would be the prologue, and the rest of the story would be about Evil!Sonata’s terrifyingly effective scheme coming into play, even as Aria and Adagio gradually begin to rethink the decision to unleash this side of their teammate. I think this could probably work as a serious story, though comedy isn’t out of the question, either. If you do decide to use this, could you let me know? I just want to see what you’d do with it! :twilightsmile:

I would so read that!!!

That sounds amazing, even the ship which, admittedly, I haven't really given a whole lot of thought to. You'd have a faithful viewer here :raritystarry:

3744693 Doesn't that seem oddly similar to Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog to you? (There's an episode where Grounder gains an extraordinarily high amount of intelligence and kicks Robotnik off of his pedestal, similar to the description you gave for this story.)

3750032 Never watched it, so I wouldn't know.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5